Website Avenue Road Baptist Church
Position Title: Youth Worker
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Date of Position Approval: early 2024
The Youth Worker at Avenue Road Baptist Church (ARBC) will foster and encourage spiritual development of youth both within our congregation and in the Cambridge community. The successful applicant will have a firm grasp on the Word of God and an evident call to care for youth. They will demonstrate personal initiative and passion for leading youth in their spiritual development. Planning, leading, and relational skills are important. The Youth Worker should be willing to reach out to youth within our community with the aim to build relationships. In proclaiming the reality of Jesus Christ through word and deed to our community, this should be achieved by initiating, coordinating, developing, and overseeing outreach opportunities for young people. Providing opportunities for young people to experience worship that glorifies God and fosters a worshipful attitude in youth, is also a must. In addition, the applicant should be passionate about prayer in their own walk with God and be an example by encouraging youth to build a solid foundation in prayer.
This is a part-time youth worker position, consisting of 12-15 hours/week. It is a role suited to someone who is interested in a part-time church position along with spending time in another work or study setting, excluding a position in another church.
Purpose of Appointment
To create a fun, stimulating and safe environment where young people in grades 6-12 will meet to engage with each other in an atmosphere where they can also invite others. The aim is to transform lives, equip them for effective service, and encourage them to grow spiritually and reach out to others while serving as a spiritual leader and role model to the youth.
As a Youth Worker, you will join our church ministry leadership team; build a work team made up of volunteers from the congregation and help plant fresh expressions of church and community work amongst young people. This is an exciting opportunity to work with young people of all faiths and in a variety of settings.
· to be directly responsible to the Lead Pastor for spiritual guidance;
· attend monthly feedback sessions with the Lead Pastor;
· present work plan and hours worked to lead Pastor on a weekly basis;
· connect with other youth workers and organizations, community youth groups in the community;
· work in fellowship with volunteers from the congregation;
· minister together in Sunday Morning services as a way of modeling to the youth the importance of collective worship and fellowship.
· to spend time in the community talking to young people and inviting them to join in youth activities;
· preparation of teaching materials, resources for the lesson, and delivery of the lesson;
· to challenge the youth to live out their Christian faith;
· to cast a vision for and energize the youth to know and believe that they are the hope for our community and nation;
· encourage the youth to take up serving opportunities in the church and community as a means of service to the Lord, training for future careers and potential experience gained;
· supervision of young people in your care at designated hours with assistance from ARBC volunteers;
· attend ARBC Plan to Protect educational sessions. Become knowledgeable about the requirements of the ARBC Plan to Protect. This includes a Police Check prior to employment.
The Candidate must:
· enjoy a close relationship with the Lord;
· have a heart of love for children/youth;
· have clear goals in Children’s/youth ministry;
· be gifted by God to bring the best out of children/youth;
· be willing to serve with existing Church members and Church Boards and serve under the leadership of ARBC, and
· be available to lead the July VBS at ARBC.
Pay rate is based on qualifications
Applications should be submitted to the Youth Worker Search Team, Avenue Road Baptist Church, via this email: email@example.com by January 13, 2024. The application should be accompanied by a letter outlining the reasons for your application and how you will fulfill the responsibilities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.