Website Camp Mini-Yo-We
Developing tomorrow's leaders since 1946.
As part of the Food Service Team, your primary goal will be to provide a great food service experience for campers, staff and guest groups. In May and June you would help prepare meals for our staff and guest groups while familiarizing yourself with our kitchens, systems, recipes and approach to special diets and allergies. In July and August we run four kitchens to support approximately 400-500 people (campers, staff and volunteers) each week. Your primary responsibility during this period is to help serve individuals with special dietary needs (some weeks we have up to 60 people with special diets). This involves communicating with the parents of campers, meal planning and then preparing and delivering meals at set times throughout the day. You will also be required to assist our adult volunteers in the kitchens preparing the regular meals for guests without dietary needs.
This position is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and expand your skills in nutrition services and cooking. It is a lot of work, but it is very rewarding and you get to be part of an amazing team of staff members that love Camp and enjoy serving together. You will also have opportunities to enjoy Muskoka and our facility during your time off.
Job Description: www.campmyw.com/dietary-specialist
Start/End Date: May 5, 2024/Aug 28, 2024
Express Interest & Apply: www.campmyw.com/jobs
Questions? Contact Jessica Meadows our Food Service Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-385-2629.
- You will be provided a weekly honorarium, a shared accommodation on site as well as all your meals while employed.
- You will be provided 1 day off a week in the summer and 2 days off in the summer.
- You must understand that Camp Mini-Yo-We is a Christian environment. Agreed to uphold the General Staff Guidelines as published in the Staff Manual. Have the physical strength to spend extended time serving in the kitchens. Have the ability to stoop, bend and crouch.
- Be in the process of completing a degree related to food service, nutrition or diet.
- Food Handlers Certificate is required
- Having a G2 or G level driver’s license is desirable
To apply for this job please visit www.campmyw.com.