Website Central Canadian District of Christian & Missionary Alliance
The Central Canadian District of the Christian and Missionary Alliance is seeking a called and qualified candidate to join the District Ministry Centre team in the position of Administrator: Leader Health & Development. The District Ministry Team is organized towards three key performance areas: Leader Development, Church Development and Mission Development. Each key performance area works interdependently to support the vision of Healthy Leaders, Healthy Churches, Healthy Mission.
Mission and Vision: As a district of The Alliance Canada (formally called the Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada), we seek to be Christ-centred, Spirit-empowered, and mission-focused in all we do. In the Central Canadian District we long to be an alliance of people and churches, developing one another into the deeper life for mission.
District Ministry Centre Cultural Values: At the District Ministry Centre, we seek to achieve our mission and vision by behaving according to the values of Equity, Unity, Service, and Stewardship.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer licensing process from first point of contact with candidate through the documentation and interview stages through to the point of issuing credentials
- Track development plans for licensed workers and apprenticeship plans for District apprentices
- Administer the annual licensing review and distribution
- Administer the Core Training program including the online platform, developing and posting resource materials, reviewing and tracking participant assignments, and organizing Core Training workshops and events
- Ordination administration including scheduling of interviews, creation of Ordination Certificates, and issuing of marriage officiant applications
- Participate in Job Fairs at local seminaries and universities.
- Creation of leader development material and messaging for social media for use by the Communications Team
- Track training requirements for licensed workers for Clergy Sexual Abuse Prevention training (CSAPT), Plan to Protect training (P2P), Alliance History and Thought course (AH&T) and New Worker Orientation (NWO)
- Participate in and coordinate Leader Development projects and events
- Ensure updates to worker information in Sumac, People Ap, and files
- Participate on interdependent ‘special project’ teams to develop and/or administer district initiatives and/or events
- Participate in National District Admin Meetings to keep abreast of national changes and implications in key performance areas of Licensing and Ordination
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a theological discipline preferred
- Experience in an administration role essential
- High level of comfort and proficiency with computers including: Google Workspace, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required as well as experience utilizing databases.
- Experience with ZOOM, Eventbrite, Typeform, Canva, and Church Centre Online would be an asset.
- Able to prioritize and organize workload in face of multiple project demands
- Critical thinking skills required
- Warm, friendly and helpful demeanour while also being assertive
- Must be able to work well within a multicultural environment and with people who may hold varying doctrinal stances from yourself in a way that demonstrates respect, equity and inclusivity.
- Must have a servant posture
- Great communication skills both verbal and written
Supports: Director of Leader Health & Development
Position Type: 37.5 hours / week (M-F)
Location: Burlington, ON
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by email at email@example.com with the position title as the subject line. Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please address cover letter to Carrie McFarland, Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.