Website Community Bible Church
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Pastor, Community Bible Church
Community Bible Church (CBC), Lucan, is seeking a lead pastor to help guide our next chapter of joyful and fruitful ministry and co-lead alongside a team of elders as well as staff and volunteers. We are looking to the Lord to multiply our devotion to Christ, our love for one another, and the faithfulness with which we invite our neighbours to follow Jesus.
Planted out of North Park Community Church in 1979, CBC began with five founding families who cared deeply for local and world missions. Over the years, we have known God’s grace through three leading pastors, dedicated staff and many volunteers. Our roots are rural and evangelical: we uphold and gladly proclaim the good news that Jesus saves. We have seen
the Lord lead in the establishment of a local church in a neighbouring community (CBC Ilderton in 2000). Among us there is a strong desire to reach out with the practical love and transforming truth of Jesus to the surrounding areas, including Lucan, Granton, St. Marys, Exeter and north London.
CBC is led by a group of elders who shepherd a congregation of about 150 adults, plus many children and youth. To support operations and ministries, we employ a small number of staff. Over the years, we have developed a range of
“Community Bible Church is a Christ-centred community, making disciples who love God, love His word, and love one another, reaching into the world with the gospel.” – CBC Vision Statement
ministry initiatives organized by age (children, junior and senior high youth, young adults, men, women and seniors) and areas of focus: missions, life groups, worship and music, prayer, grief recovery, care for those in distress, practical help, building and grounds maintenance, library, IT and finance.
In all of our gatherings and activities, CBC is deeply committed to the doctrine of the priesthood of all believers. We place a high priority on team leadership and encourage all to contribute.
CBC is seeking a shepherd walking in close communion with and dependence on God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit. This servant-leader will be able to collaborate well with volunteers, staff and elders. They will have a deep knowledge of the Bible and be prepared to convey this knowledge through relevant, personal and engaging exposition of Scripture. The successful candidate will help people follow Jesus faithfully and grow as His disciples. They will be capable of moving visionary ideas into fruitful action, continuing Jesus’ mission of reaching the community with love and truth through words and deeds.
– Preach and teach the Word of God as called upon, approximately 60% of Sundays and at other times as needed. Encourage and enable other members to speak on occasion as well. – Cultivate a community of welcome and healing. Attend to people’s spiritual, theological and existential questions. Engage each person as a human being with emotions and dignity. – Provide pastoral care through counselling, home and hospital visitation and assistance at weddings, funerals and baptisms.
– Oversee outreach and disciple-making. Ensure that people far from God have opportunity to understand the good news of Jesus’ gospel. Develop, equip, resource and empower ministry teams. Give people at all stages of their journey of faith opportunity to grow and serve while prioritizing care for and attention to children and young people.
– Facilitate flourishing, inter-generational life groups. Work collaboratively with staff and elders to encourage the people of CBC to be well connected with one another in loving, maturing and outward-reaching circles.
– Create an environment in which the gifts and abilities of volunteers, staff and elders at CBC are engaged and nurtured. Empower others to serve our great God with joy.
Attributes of an ideal candidate
– Called of God and meets the qualifications of elders (1 Tim. 3; Titus 1). Wise, discerning, sensitive, tender, firm.
– A fervent prayer life. Comfortable to pray with others and encourage a culture of prayer. – Heart of a shepherd. Relatable and driven to build relationships within the congregation and local communities through honesty, warmth, humility and vulnerability.
– Skilled preacher: clear, personal, able to apply God’s truth, delivers information so as to encourage transformation. Has a passion for people far from God and clarity about the good news of Jesus.
– Organized and attentive to administrative needs.
– Team player. Able to lead a team to accomplish a goal: gather, equip, teach, mobilize. – Creative problem-solver. Flexible and adaptable.
– A self-starter who takes initiative.
The ideal candidate will have a masters degree or equivalent from a relevant accredited theological institution and proven experience in a pastoral leadership role.
Submit resume, cover letter, faith story and philosophy of ministry by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline October 22, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.