Website Country Hills Church
People Helping People Follow Jesus
Children’s Ministry Director Job Description
This role is one of 2 half time positions in Family Ministry. The positions of Children’s Ministry Director and Student Ministry Director can be held by 2 people, or 1 person can serve in 1 full time Family Ministry Director role that includes both half time positions. If you are interested in exploring this full time role, please contact Pastor Jeremy Shuart for more details.
The heart of the Children’s Ministry Director position is discipleship within our church mission. The Children’s Ministry Director works as an overseer and equipper in our church family and Family Ministry alongside the Student Ministry Director to minister beyond our gatherings into the lives of families, children, and pre-teens. The Children’s Ministry Director will develop and implement a discipling model for children from birth through Grade 6 that works alongside parents. This individual will need to have the adaptability and flexibility to change methods as ministry and cultural needs determine to accomplish mission. He/she must be committed to the doctrine, mission, vision, strategies, and values of CHC.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum education of a Bachelors degree or equivalent in Religious Education, Theology, or Child/Youth Social Work
- Minimum of 5 years experience in church-based Family Ministry in a multi-staff setting
- Is an authentic and growing follower of Jesus evidenced by his/her spiritual practices, character, and lifestyle
- Models a missional lifestyle, and can personally disciple others
- Experienced overseer, leader, mentor, and coach who can equip, encourage, and empower teams, leaders, and individuals to follow Jesus and accomplish mission
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic who is creative, visionary, well organized, personable, and flexible. Must be able to adapt methods to accomplish mission and use digital and in-person ministry in a missional discipleship strategy
- Well-developed and growing understanding and philosophy of multigenerational, and multicultural Family Ministry in a diverse Canadian culture with changing family dynamics
- Communicates authentically, relevantly, and creatively in various settings and through a variety of mediums
- Has a heart, passion, and calling for Family ministry to serve the families and children in our church family as well as a heart to reach out to our community
- Experience with Planning Center Online, Microsoft Office, ProPresenter, Buffer, Canva and familiarity with Winning Kids and Plan to Protect is preferred
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Oversee and develop a holistic Children’s Ministry. Develop and implement a broader discipleship plan within Family Ministry that utilizes gatherings and programs to help people follow Jesus outside of these gatherings/programs
- Direct oversight of age/stage-based ministry and ministry to the whole family. Facilitating connection and care for these families.
- Develop scalable structures, systems, and methods to accomplish mission within a growing Family Ministry
- Work as a part of a team to implement and help oversee our Protection Plan
- Recruit, train, equip, and empower volunteers to serve and manage other staffing as needed
- Involve parents and other adults, wherever possible, in Family Ministry vision, planning, discipling, and implementation
- Provide opportunities for those you lead to serve in our church family and in the community
- Organize and creatively use spaces and resources for effective ministry in our multipurpose facility
- Develop an effective online and social media presence for our church family and community
- Develop and maintain a budget and track and plan expenses for Children’s Ministry
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, church wide events/programs, church services, leadership training, and other meetings/events as required. Occasional other and teaching/leading will also be required
Reports and is accountable directly to the Lead Pastor, including regular coaching and mentoring times/reports, and is subject to the authority of the Lead Pastor and the Board of Elders. Assessment and re-evaluation of responsibilities and position after 3 and 6 months in the first year of employment, and yearly evaluations to follow.
Please send cover letter and resume to Pastor Jeremy Shuart email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.