Website EduDeo Ministries
Education + Gospel = Transformation
Do you have a passion for managing finances, balancing accounts, and seeing children, teachers, and communities around the world impacted by Christ-centred education? If so, come join our team! EduDeo Ministries is looking for a part-time contract staff to help record and monitor our finances in order to propel our organization forward with excellence. Our ideal Bookkeeper is a detail oriented, highly motivated individual who can effectively manage the organization’s finances and has a heart for helping others.
Classification: Contract to cover medical leave (3 months with possibility of extension)
Hours: 20 hours per week
Start Date: November 15, 2021
The Bookkeeper is responsible for bookkeeping, managing all activities for the full accounting cycle, and assisting with some HR-related tasks.
- To ensure that all financial matters are carried out with the highest level of professionalism, integrity, and accuracy.
- To assist with some Human Resources tasks.
Description of Responsibilities and Duties:
a) Ensure that EduDeo’s financial records are accurately maintained. This includes:
- data entry of all on- and offline donations in Salesforce and Sage 50
- issue donation receipts
- complete all tasks in the accounting cycle, including deposits, accounts payable and receivable
- complete monthly reconciliations of all accounts (bank, donor database, financial software, etc.)
- assist with monthly payroll and government remittances, including T4s
- complete T3010 and HST remittances
- manage all banking documentation and credit card accounts
- manage cash flow, providing projections as needed
- maintain electronic and paper files
b) ) Create and distribute monthly financial reports for the organization.
c) Ensure compliance with charity law and the Canada Revenue Agency policies.
d) In consultation with the International Partnership Team:
- coordinate all wire transfers to international partners.
- assist in the financial record keeping of international partners.
e) In consultation with the Key Relations Team and Marketing & Communications Team:
- process donation receipts and thank you letters for all donations and gifts received.
- assist with the maintenance and managing of the donor database.
Human Resources: (10%)
a) In consultation with the Operations Director, assist in the provision of Human Resources services.
a) Be an active member of the Operations Team.
b) Be an active participant in team meetings, etc.
c) Complete other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Strong commitment to Jesus Christ and His church.
- Strong commitment to the vision, mission, values and goals of EduDeo Ministries.
- Highly self-motivated, responsible, and confident in taking initiative.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results oriented.
- Attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Accounting, Finance or Bookkeeping
- Experience in Accounting or Bookkeeping
- Computer literate, including effective working ability with Microsoft Suite and database systems (Salesforce and Sage 50)
- Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Cross-cultural experience is a benefit.
- Ability to work from our Hamilton, Ontario office.
Reporting Structure: The Bookkeeper reports to the Operations Director.
Application Requirements, Deadline and Contact Information:
Requirements: Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, resumé and a personal statement of faith to email@example.com. A range of qualifications are evaluated, including distinguishing characteristics that demonstrate congruence with EduDeo’s identity as a Christian mission organization.
Application Deadline: November 3, 2021 or until position is filled.
EduDeo Ministries welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.