Website EduDeo Ministries
Education + Gospel = Transformation
Accountant: EduDeo Ministries
Are you looking to make an impact in the world with your accounting skills? Do you have a passion for managing finances and balancing accounts? Are you a numbers person with a heart for seeing children, teachers, and communities around the world impacted by Christ-centred education? If so, come join the EduDeo team!
EduDeo Ministries is looking for a full-time staff to record and monitor our finances in order to propel our organization forward with excellence. Our ideal Accountant is a detail oriented, highly motivated individual who can effectively manage all of the organization’s finances, with a heart for helping others.
Classification: Salary – Full Time, Program Management
Start Date: October 24, 2022
Position Summary: The Accountant is responsible for all bookkeeping tasks, managing all activities for the full accounting cycle, and assisting with some HR-related tasks.
- To ensure that all financial matters are carried out with the highest level of professionalism, integrity, and accuracy.
- To assist with some Human Resources tasks.
Description of Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure that EduDeo’s financial records are accurately maintained. This includes the:
- entry of all online and offline donations into Salesforce and Sage 50
- issuance of all donation receipts
- completion of all tasks in the accounting cycle, including data entry, deposits, accounts payable and receivable
- monthly reconciliation of all accounts (bank, donor database, financial software, etc.)
- completion of monthly payroll and government remittances, including T4s
- management of cash flow, providing financial projections as needed
- maintenance of electronic and paper files
- Create and distribute monthly financial reports for the organization.
- Prepare reports for and participate in board meetings.
- Facilitate and manage the annual audit with the Board-appointed auditor.
- Work with consultant to modify and develop Salesforce to meet our database needs.
- Ensure compliance with charity law and the Canada Revenue Agency policies.
- In consultation with the International Partnership Team:
- coordinate and send all wire transfers to international partners.
- manage all the organizational financial records of international partners and keep track of disbursements and expenditures.
- In consultation with the Development Team:
- set up and track appropriate funding campaigns.
- ensure donations are appropriately designated to various ministry projects.
- maintain the financial records of each Co-Impact team.
- In consultation with the Operations Team:
- assist with the creation of the organization’s plans and budgets.
- assist with the completion and submission of government reports, including T3010
Human Resources: (10%)
- In consultation with the Operations Director:
- assist in the provision of Human Resource services.
- administer the group health and pension plans.
- ensure that all documents concerning the employment of individuals and the running of a not-for-profit are up to date and meet government requirements.
- Be an active member of the Operations Team.
- Be an active participant in team meetings, etc.
- Provide assistance, as requested, at various significant organizational events.
- Continue to grow through professional development opportunities.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Strong commitment to Jesus Christ and His church.
- Strong commitment to the vision, mission, values and goals of EduDeo Ministries.
- Highly self-motivated, responsible, and confident in taking initiative.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results oriented.
- Attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Accounting, Finance or Bookkeeping.
- Experience in Accounting or Bookkeeping.
- Computer literate, including effective working ability with Microsoft Suite and database systems (Salesforce and Sage 50).
- Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Cross-cultural experience is a benefit.
- Ability to work from our Hamilton, Ontario office.
Reporting Structure: The Accountant reports to the Operations Director.
Requirements: Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, resumé and a personal statement of faith to firstname.lastname@example.org. A range of qualifications are evaluated, including distinguishing characteristics that demonstrate congruence with EduDeo’s identity as a Christian mission organization.
Application Deadline: September 19, 2022 or until position is filled.
EduDeo Ministries welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.