Website EduDeo Ministries
Education + Gospel = Transformation
Digital Content Specialist: EduDeo Ministries
Do you love telling stories of transformation, and capturing images and videos that bring those stories to life? Do you have a heart for sharing about incredible people and how they are seeking to make the world a better place? Are you adept at sharing those experiences through a variety of digital mediums? If so, come join our team!
Position: Digital Content Specialist
Classification: Salary – Full Time (Program Staff)
Reports to: Marketing Director
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Working remotely anywhere in Canada (or out of our Hamilton, Ontario office, if local)
Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits plan
You will inspire and inform EduDeo’s support community by gathering and sharing stories of impact from our international partners by developing, designing, and distributing timely, high-quality digital content. This content will showcase the need for and impact of their generosity around the world. Your consistent collection and sharing of digital stories will grow EduDeo’s presence across North America, rallying new supporters to the cause.
Responsibilities and Duties:
To achieve your success profile, you will elevate EduDeo in the following four areas:
1. Content Creation: (40%)
- Work with staff and international partners to gather and tell stories. Through the creation of photo, video, and written content, you’ll raise donor awareness, engagement, and stewardship.
- Lead and manage digital campaigns. From ideation to execution, you’ll bring a variety of information and fundraising campaigns to life in a timely manner, on-brand and on-budget.
- Support the Communications Specialist in writing compelling donor communications.
2. Content Management: (40%)
- Lead and manage a comprehensive, compelling annual content plan. You’ll work with EduDeo’s existing digital platforms (such as EduDeo’s website and social media channels) and leverage other mediums (such as podcasts and online advertising) to help grow EduDeo’s online presence.
- Design and implement digital strategies and tactics that understand website lead generation and search engine optimization.
- Lead and drive EduDeo’s organic and paid social media presence.
- Manage EduDeo’s digital assets.
3. Branding & Design: (10%)
- Reinforce a consistent brand message on all print and digital platforms.
- Assist the Marketing Team with the development, execution, and follow up of fundraising campaigns.
- Assist with the design of communication pieces:
- General promotions: newsletters, impact reports, social media, overall web presence
- Key Relations: major donor proposals and updates, school promotional materials, program promotional materials, PowerPoints, etc.
4. Organization: (10%)
- Be an active member of the Marketing Team.
- Be an active participant in team meetings, etc.
- Stay up to date with industry best practices, trends, tools, and developments in job-related fields.
- Provide assistance, as requested, at various significant organizational events.
- Continue to grow through professional development opportunities.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
You’re the ideal candidate if you have:
- A strong commitment to Jesus Christ and His church.
- A strong commitment to the vision, mission, values, and goals of EduDeo Ministries.
- Proven experience in project management. You’re excellent at managing multiple projects, meeting tight timelines, and managing digital assets.
- Demonstrated technical skills in navigating and managing all major social media platforms (Instagram Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn).
- An excellent ability to storyboard, shoot, edit, manipulate, and publish photo and video content. This includes the ability to record, integrate, and edit sound for video.
- An excellent ability to generate, edit, publish, and share engaging and creative content (original text, photos, videos, news, etc.).
- A strong editorial judgement, accurately capturing the voice of EduDeo’s support communities and international partners.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, namely Photoshop, Premiere Pro, InDesign, and After Effects.
- An educational background in Journalism, Photography, Videography, Communications, Graphic Design, or a related field.
- Lived experiences overseas and/or knowledge of EduDeo’s international partner communities.
- A desire and ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 3 weeks per year.
- An ability to legally work in Canada.
- Competitive sector salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- International Travel.
- Rgistered Pension Plan with EduDeo contributions equal to 5% of your annual salary.
- Paid vacation and additional paid time off between Christmas and New Years.
- Flexible work-life balance.
- Fun and welcoming culture where team members can bring their authentic selves to work every day and receive the support they need to thrive.
How to Apply:
Requirements: Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, resume, and a personal statement of faith to email@example.com. (Applications without all three documents will not be considered.) A range of qualifications are evaluated, including distinguishing characteristics that demonstrate congruence with EduDeo’s identity as a Christian mission organization.
Application Deadline: March 10, 2023, or until position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.