Website First Baptist Church
Children’s and Family Ministry Director
Location: Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
Employment Type: Employee, Full Time
Application Deadline: July 29, 2022
First Baptist Church, Lloydminster (FBC) is currently accepting applications for the position of Children’s and Family Ministry Director. FBC is part of the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches of Canada, a national body of Evangelical Baptists with whom we share common essential beliefs. FBC is located in the only border city in Canada, straddling the border of Alberta and Saskatchewan.
Lloydminster is home to approximately 32,000 residents. It is a young and vibrant community offering the comfort of a rural lifestyle with the convenience of urban amenities. The community has a variety of facilities promoting local sports, culture, and leisure. The city offers residents public and Catholic schooling, post-secondary education, and training activities. Health services include local doctors, a fully equipped regional hospital, health centers, and seniors’ care. Shopping includes an ever-growing inventory of national retailers, local boutiques, and dining options.
FBC is a dynamic community of people who care about the Lloydminster area and the families within it. Our mission is to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Our vision is to be a church that everyone wants to attend, and where all who attend grow in their faith and put it into practice. We accomplish our mission and vision through our strategy, to Think Big, Think Small, Think In, and Think Out. It is our hope that at FBC people will find a place to connect and belong, an environment in which they can grow and develop in their faith and provide a variety of opportunities for them to reach outside themselves and serve. FBC is an active community with a variety of thriving ministries. FBC has six full time ministry positions and two full time support staff positions. Prior to COVID-19, FBC hosted two Sunday morning services with an average weekly attendance of 600-700 people. While COVID has had an impact on in service attendance, we are trending back up in that area and have upped our game in live streaming of our services during this time. FBC facilitates active ministry programs for children, youth, young adults, adults and seniors.
FBC is seeking a Children’s and Family Ministry Director to join our church ministry team. This full-time position reports directly to the Executive Pastor and is accountable to Elders Board through the Executive Pastor and Lead Pastor. All Board authority delegated to a staff member of the church is delegated through the Lead Pastor.
The Children’s and Family Ministry Director is a person who seeks to love God with all their heart, soul, mind and strength. He/she loves kids and can connect well with parents as well. Maturing as a follower of Christ, he/she demonstrates character that is consistent with the qualities summarized in 1Timothy 3:1 – 7, Titus 1:5 – 11, and 1Peter 5:2- 4. He/She is a team player and a life-long learner open to further education/training as is appropriate for the needs of the church.
The Children’s and Family Ministry Director has general responsibility for implementing and overseeing FBC children’s ministry (FBC Kids) for children from nursery to grade six. The objective is to create an exciting and relevant environment that is creative, family centered, kid focused and fueled by volunteers where children can engage in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Currently the FBC Kids ministry program utilizes the Orange pre-school and elementary school curriculums.
Preference will be given to candidates with a heart and passion to champion, develop, and maintain a dynamic children’s ministry and who value working as part of a team. Ideally, candidates will have postsecondary education from a recognized Canadian Bible college and experience in the field, although these are not a requirement for the position.
Required Skills and Abilities
Initiative and adaptability
Prioritizing multiple demands
Interpersonal and communication skills
Team building and collaboration
Recruit, lead and motivate volunteers
Working with minimal supervision
Required Personal Characteristics and Conduct
Approachable and accessible
Integrity in personal, professional and ministry responsibilities
Flexible and collaborative
Growing relationship with God
Strong work ethic
Trustworthy and respectful
Duties and Responsibilities
Without restricting the generality of the description above, the Children’s and Family Ministry Director shall perform such duties and responsibilities as may be assigned, by the Executive Pastor, including but not restricted to the following:
· Conduct oneself in a manner appropriate for an individual who represents Christ’s Church to the community and to the world.
· Deal tactfully with fellow staff members, ministry leaders, volunteers, members, adherents, visitors and the public.
· Is able and prepared to share their personal testimony and explain the steps to knowing God personally with others.
· Contribute to the continual improvement of FBC ministries and operations.
· Be knowledgeable and supportive of applicable Board policies and administrative procedures.
· Create a fun and exciting atmosphere for children’s ministries.
· Recruit, train and equip volunteers.
· Establishing a systematic program for the biblical training of children from nursery to grade 6.
· Coordinate and execute bridge events by which community families can engage with FBC.
· Develop partnership with parents to support them in their role of fostering spiritual growth in their children.
· Encourage and motivate those within their ministry area.
· Complete a Personal Growth Plan and submit plan to the Executive Pastor before the beginning of each ministry year and review the results of the plan with the Executive Pastor near the end of the ministry year.
· Develop ministry goals, objectives and strategies for the ministry year, aligned with the Church Mission & Vision, and submit these plans to the Executive Pastor prior to beginning of ministry year.
· Recruit and train volunteers necessary to accomplish the ministry.
· Develop and cast vision for ministry area aligned with the Church’s Mission and Vision.
· Plan, direct and supervise staff and volunteers.
· With awareness of the changing needs, challenges and opportunities in our congregation and the community, assess and revamp ministry strategies to move the Church forward to accomplish its Mission.
FBC offers competitive salary and benefit packages that will be determined in accordance with experience, education, and qualifications.
How to Apply
Apply to this posting by July 29, 2022. Submit your cover letter and resume with a minimum of two personal references by email to email@example.com. Please indicate “Application – Children’s and Family Ministry Director” in the subject line of your submission. Thank you in advance for your interest. If we decide to move forward with your application, the recruiting team will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.