Website Gentle Shepherd Community Church
Gentle Shepherd Community Church is a non-denominational, contemporary, elder-led church affiliated with Vision Ministries Canada. We are a church of approximately 150 with a strong commitment to the gospel, to the preaching and teaching of Scriptural truth, to personal spiritual growth, to Body life and to the urgency of mission.
Recently the Lord has been opening doors of opportunity in our community, specifically in the form of a foodbank located at our secondary campus, where approximately fifty families attend twice a month to obtain food and clothing. We also have opportunity in a local High School to run a monthly evening program for community youth.
We are seeking a candidate to assume the role of Lead Pastor and give leadership alongside our Elders’ Council in moving us forward into even greater possibilities of growth and mission in our community and internationally. Responsibilities will include preaching and teaching, pastoral care, joint leadership in a team environment with Gentle Shepherd Community Church’s Elders’ Council, and other involvement in specific church ministries as time allows. The ideal candidate will have:
1. Ability in preaching and teaching;
2. A heart for God, evidenced by personal prayer and corporate worship;
3. A heart for people, evidenced by pastoral care;
4. A heart for international and community-focused mission and social justice;
5. Experience in and a desire for team ministry in an elder-led church environment;
6. At least an undergraduate degree, including Biblical/Theological training and pastoral studies, from an officially accredited institution
If you sense that the Lord may be leading you into ministry at Gentle Shepherd as our Lead Pastor, please email your resume to the Chair of our Pastoral Search Team, Cas van der Grift—firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.