Website Glen Acres Baptist Church
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY COORDINATOR
10 hours per week for a 6 month contract Jan to June 2024
with potential to become permanent
TITLE: Children’s Ministry Coordinator
OVERVIEW OF CHURCH:
Glen Acres Baptist Church’s vision is to be a loving community that follows Jesus by worshipping God, growing towards Christian maturity, caring for others, and sharing the Good News. We typically have around 80 people on a Sunday morning, with a mix of ages from 0 to 103, and a diversity in ethnicities. As a church, we have recently dedicated ourselves to spiritually grow and share the gospel, with a 10-year goal of having 10,000 gospel conversations.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
To reach, train and develop children to become life long followers of Jesus, to be transformed into His likeness, and to equip children for service for God. The coordinator will lead this ministry, as an expression of the mission of the church to “be a loving community that follows Jesus by worshipping God, growing toward Christian maturity, caring for others and sharing the Good News”.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To organize, promote and lead children’s programming during the Sunday morning worship service, and other children’s programs as determined by the Board of Christian Education.
2. To work with the Board of Christian Education to recruit, train and mentor volunteers for the children’s ministries of Glen Acres in order to carry out the mission and goal, and to provide support and encouragement to them to ensure continued growth and development of the ministries.
3. To work with the Church Leadership as GABC’s vision and 10-year goal is developed and evolves. To ensure that children’s ministry goals and objectives reflect this visionary direction and that the children’s ministries are integrated into the whole life of the church.
4. To develop and promote special events and programs in coordination with the Board of Christian Education and in collaboration with other local congregations as feasible.
5. To avail themselves of continuing education and networking opportunities to stay informed on new and effective ways to minister to children and their families.
6. To partner with parents by providing encouragement and support through healthy communication and opportunity for training and instruction in the nurture and development of their children’s spirituality.
7. Work with the Board of Christian Education to ensure that Child Protection Policies are adhered to at all times to ensure the safety and security of children, staff and volunteers.
8. Ensure timely, appropriate and effective communication to the church leadership, staff and families concerning ministry information, news and events.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE REQUIRMENTS AND PREFERRED SKILLS
1. Deep commitment to, and passionate follower of Jesus Christ, with a definite calling to ministry with children.
2. Experience in sharing the gospel and an understanding and commitment to the importance of Life Groups/Small Groups for spiritual development. Past involvement in some form of small group ministry (for example camp, campus ministry, church small group) and an eagerness to be involved in a life group at Glen Acres.
3. Strong administrative interpersonal, relational, leadership, and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to adapt programs as demographics and needs change.
4. Significant depth of Christian and personal maturity, empathy and good judgement.
5. Candidate is required to agree with general Evangelical perspectives on theology and practice. In addition, it is desirable for the candidate to have or be working towards credentials acceptable to the Credentials Committee of the Canadian Baptists of Ontario & Quebec.
6. Able to work effectively both in team situations and independently.
7. Education and experience that apply to Christian Children’s Ministry; and volunteer and leadership development.
8. Valid CPR and First Aid training (or to complete within six months).
9. Clear Vulnerable Sector Police Check.
Note: Glen Acres is also seeking a temporary youth ministry coordinator. These two positions could be combined into one position for a suitably qualified candidate.
To apply for this job please visit glenacres.on.ca.