Graf Martin Communications
At Graf-Martin Communications, we develop and implement marketing solutions for organizations that do good. Graf-Martin has proven to be a trusted brand, marketing, publicity and communications partner for organizations championing hope, justice and generosity both in their community and worldwide. We are mission-driven and focused because we care deeply about what we do.
We are seeking a Publicity Assistant to join our team – someone passionate about supporting non-profits and faith-based organizations by supporting meaningful campaigns and coordinating various marketing activities. As part of a small team, your work has an immediate and measurable impact.
If you are looking for a role where you can apply your strengths in communications and organization while making a difference in supporting world-changing clients, we would love to meet you.
The Publicity Assistant helps to create and distribute promotional materials for clients. Their responsibilities include assembling press kits, assisting in creating marketing campaigns, social media content and conduct media research. This role also provides general support to the team by completing administrative tasks such as filing, copying, and answering the phone.
The Publicity Assistant is office-based with a guarantee of 20-25 hours per week and a flexible schedule during regular office hours. The hours may occasionally increase due to operational needs such as larger publicity events and launches. This position has the potential to increase hours overtime.
List of Main Responsibilities
- Assist with creating/proofreading of promotional content such as emails, blog posts and social media posts,
- Support the marketing of Graf-Martin Communications’ podcast, if needed, by assisting with email copy, website copy, social media copy, image design, etc.,
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence,
- Actively seek out press opportunities; write and issue press releases and respond to inquiries
- Provide additional PR support for new projects as needed.
- Ship books and other promotional materials,
- Assist with arranging interviews for authors with known media outlets,
- Record/catalogue publicity activity (research, look for links, etc.),
- Assist in the tracking and reporting of promotional strategies and media outreach,
- Support press release dissemination, as needed,
- Assist the Media & Digital Engagement Manager, as needed.
Influencer Program Implementation (Acorn, NAB, EP)
- Assist with contest implementation of various programs (arranging contests, distributing prizes),
- Assist with creating graphics,
- Put together special mailings of influencer program and shipping,
- Gather and collate blogger reviews for client reports.
List of Key Qualifications
- Effective Interactive Communication: able to share and receive information clearly and communicate effectively to others using tact and diplomacy; strong oral and written communications,
- Action Management: highly self-managing, able to achieve results and ensure timely delivery against commitments,
- Information Seeking: efficient and effective collection of information, seeking clarity, and applying skillful questioning to gather critical information,
- Ability to work on your own and collaborate with other team members,
- Committed to providing value and reliably excellent work to our clients,
- Flexible yet detail-oriented and organized with exceptional prioritization skills.
- Strategic Orientation: the ability to link long-range visions and concepts to projects; understanding of the nature of the sector,
- Cooperation and collaboration: ability to collaborate effectively with others, to be part of a team and facilitate quality work through team efforts,
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple marketing, promotional or advertising campaign activities,
- Adept at writing, editing/proofreading, and pulling data and generating reports,
- Be comfortable using standard office software and online tools, such as Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, Zoom,
- Present a consistently professional, friendly demeanour and positive attitude,
- Have the desire to learn and grow within the role.
- Judgment/Analytical Thinking: able to understand a situation, issues, problem by extracting the essential elements and forming them into a whole; assimilating, organizing and interpreting information from a variety of sources.
Perks & Benefits
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer:
- Continuous team learning opportunities (i.e. lunch & learn events)
- Training and development
- Team breakfasts
- Special summer hours
- Recognition program
- Social events
Salary: $17.00-$21.00 /hour
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by October 24, 2021.
Your application should include your cover letter, resume and portfolio (including any marketing, communications or social media initiatives you’ve worked on). We look forward to hearing from you!
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process; please let us know if you require a specific accommodation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.