Website Highland Baptist Church
Highland Baptist Church has a summer employment opportunity with a focus on children and youth ministries. Main areas of responsibilities will include:
FunDay Summer Day Camps
Coordinate two low-cost children’s summer programs, for children in our community by:
· Planning, developing, leading and implementing the camps
· Recruiting volunteers and advertising for the event
Camps will take place July 25-29 & August 15-19
Community Events for Families & Children
Coordinate creative, low-cost, weekly, evening event for families and/or children in our community by:
· Planning, implementing, and attending the events
· Recruiting volunteers and advertising for the events
Weekly Children’s Program
Provide leadership for Sunday morning children’s program by:
· Providing programming and administrative support for the program, including live streamed and online Sunday morning events
· Teaching children in the program
Summer Youth Programs
Along with the youth leadership team, provide summer youth activities by:
· Taking part and providing leadership as needed in youth activities approximately once/week
· Providing leadership and assistance to youth service project (takes place August 15-19)
· Fostering relationships and community connections with youth
Assist with administrative duties such as phone calls, responding to e-mails, promoting events, etc. in order to ensure that the above responsibilities are effectively carried out.
· This position is made possible through a grant from Canada Summer Jobs.
· Applicants must be between the ages of 15 – 30 years. This position is best suited for someone who has completed high school and is pursuing post secondary education/opportunities.
· All events/duties listed above will follow the latest public health recommendations for COVID-19. Most events will take place in person, although some activities may be online if needed. Flexibility is required to adapt to public health recommendations.
· The successful candidate will need the following: ability to work on sight and from home; reliable home internet connection; laptop or computer.
· This position requires competency in using online platforms such as Facebook and Instagram, and a comfort with being in videos and taking part in live streamed programs.
· This is an eleven-week, thirty hour per week position, which will run from June 13, 2022 – August 26, 2022.
· The hourly rate is $17.00.
· Sunday morning availability is required, along with up to two evenings per week.
· The position will be supervised by the pastoral staff & Christian Education Team Leader.
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter & resume to Amanda McCulloch: firstname.lastname@example.org
The final day to submit your cover letter and resume is Wednesday, May 11 by 12noon.
Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Interviews are tentatively scheduled for May 13 & May 16.
We thank all those who are interested in applying for this position.
Highland Baptist Church
135 Highland Rd W, Kitchener, ON, N2M 3B9 www.highlandbaptist.ca
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.