Website Hosanna Evangelical Free Church
Meet Hosanna Evangelical Free Church:
As part of the Evangelical Free Church of Canada, we are a Christ-centered body whose goal is to help people find and build a relationship with God, lead a life based on faith, and lead others to do the same. Our church consists of an English-speaking ministry, to be led by the English Lead Pastor, a larger Chinese-speaking ministry (60 attendees) led by Pastor Paul Lee, and a Children’s ministry currently led by our Children’s deacon. We have one board which serves these ministries.
Our church is located in Ontario, Canada, on the border of Oakville and Mississauga (in the Greater Toronto Area). We hope to be an indispensable part of our community as we worship together, grow together, and serve God.
Some highlights of the demographic of the English ministry:
- 5 Young adults
- 10 Families (20 Adults, 20+ kids)
- 4 Older adults
The English Lead Pastor Role:
Hosanna is looking for an English Lead Pastor who has a great love and personal commitment to Jesus Christ, submitting to the Holy Scripture as his authority for faith and life. The candidate must uphold EFCC (Evangelical Free Church of Canada) values and tenets, and is willing to be ordained within EFCC.
We understand that no pastor can fulfill all we might ask and we are willing to consider individuals according to their calling and giftings. We believe that rather than age and experience, the greater importance is in skill and character.
The English Lead Pastor responsibilities include:
- Provide pastoral care to the English congregation through spiritual leadership and guidance.
- Preach during Sunday services through expository, gospel-centered sermons, specific to the needs of the congregation.
- Disciple, teach and visit members of the church.
- Support and provide guidance to those serving in the children’s ministry.
- Spiritual counsel with the church board in a non-voting capacity.
1. Education & Experience
- Have or working towards an undergraduate degree and/or a master’s degree from an accredited seminary or equivalent.
- Leadership experience in a healthy church with experience of developing ministries, leaders, and disciples of Christ.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal communication skills.
2. Expository Preaching
- Ability to teach the scriptures so that God’s word resonates with our congregation.
- Is able to focus preaching to the specific spiritual needs of the congregation.
- Has experience organizing, mentoring, and discipling church groups – encouraging and rebuking as necessary.
- A collaborative decision-maker, has the ability to assess the effectiveness of plans and programs, while also pursuing resourceful ways for improvement.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.