Website Love New Canadians
Equipping churches for ministry with immigrants.
Love New Canadians helps churches develop
pathways to Jesus for immigrants in their neighbourhood. It is our
vision to see Canada become the best place for immigrants to
come to, because no matter where they settle, they will find a
local church to assist them, and for those with a spiritual interest
and curiosity, move along a pathway to Jesus. We are looking for
a person with the same passion.
1. Help churches develop pathways to Jesus for immigrants through coaching and
seminars / webinars with an emphasis on the Love New Canadians intercultural
ministries pathway strategy.
2. Coach church leaders who are developing pathways to Jesus for immigrants in
their neighbourhood. This will include on-site visits, phone calls, and Zoom calls.
The primary focus will be on church leaders in the GTA, but may also include
church leaders throughout Canada. Coaching will include listening,
encouragement, training, development, and troubleshooting various facets of this
3. Teach seminars / webinars that will help church leaders develop pathways to
Jesus for immigrants in their neighbourhood. Examples of seminars we teach
include: “Developing pathways to Jesus for New Canadians,” “How to teach a
stage-1 ESL conversation class,” “How to teach a stage-2 ESL Bridges class for
the spiritually curious,” and “How to teach a stage-3 ESL Bible study.”
4. Work with the LNC President and LNC Toronto Partnership Developer to plan
and host 2-3 “get to know” LNC events each year for GTA congregations.
5. Each year, provide to the LNC Partnership Developer the names of three to
seven churches that might be open to financially supporting LNC.
6. Participate in GTA activities (e.g., church leaders gathering to focus on global
and local missions) to promote the ministry of LNC and garner contacts with
church leaders who are looking for assistance in developing pathways to Jesus
7. Attend and help with (e.g., teach) an annual LNC Leadership Training
8. Other duties as assigned by the LNC President.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate for this position will:
– have successful intercultural ministry experience (preferably at least some of this
experience will be in the Greater Toronto Area);
– have successful experience teaching ESL classes to a variety of adult learners;
– have successful experience teaching ESL bible studies;
– have successful experience leading new immigrants on a pathway to Jesus.
– Although not required, experience learning a second language would be an
– Although not required, TESOL/TESL/TEFL certification would be an asset.
– Although not required, curriculum writing experience would be an asset.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.