Mississauga Chinese Alliance Church
Ministry Profile for Student Ministry Pastor
Mississauga Chinese Alliance Church
5710 Kennedy Rd, Mississauga, ON L4Z 1T1, Canada
Position: Student Ministry Pastor
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
The Mississauga Chinese Alliance Church (MCAC) is a three-language ministry church consisting of Cantonese, Mandarin and English speaking congregations, with over 500 church members attending various programs based on life stage and communities. Located in Mississauga, MCAC has student ministries (SM) with fellowships that meet regularly to grow in their faith. MCAC strives to be a church where people are transformed by Jesus Christ, making a difference in the community and beyond.
This position is highly relational, with constant communication with church congregations and parents, while developing healthy relationships with the community (ie. students, volunteers, parents, church staff, and newcomers). MCAC is looking for a mature individual, with a strong growth mindset to become the SM Pastor with a deep passion to work with students. This pastor will shepherd the students from three different age groups, specifically from Junior High (Grade 6 – 8), High School, University/College, to grow a ministry filled with maturing students who genuinely seek God, love and, honor God and reach out to others.
● Ministry to Students
○ The SM Pastor is the shepherd of the English-speaking students to grow the ministry.
● Ministry to Parents
○ Liaise with parents to keep them informed of ministry plans, ongoing activities and the spiritual development of their children.
○ Partnership with parents to discipline the students.
● Ministry to the volunteers
○ Recruit, train, retain and meet regularly with teams of adult volunteers and student committee members that will assist with student ministry responsibilities.
○ Lead by godly characters like integrity, humbleness & essential leadership skills and with an attitude of continuously learning.
● Continuous Growth and Mental Health & Wellbeing
○ Strive to grow skills, competencies and knowledge in student ministry-relevant topics.
○ Develop a balance between work, family and personal wellness.
● Called to student ministry, loves young people and has a passion for evangelism and outreach.
● Firmly grounded spiritual foundation: Personal growing relationship with God, strong
prayer life, deep understanding of scripture.
● Flexible, teachable and patient-minded spirit.
● Strong communication, relationship building organizational skills.
● Ability to balance work, family and personal wellness.
● Mature with a strong work ethic.
● Be a servant leader and a learner seeking growth in leadership and skills.
● Build a Christ-centered Student Ministry (SM) by providing a strategic discipleship plan with direction and taking overall leadership in its spiritual health.
● Foster a healthy and sustainable student community that blends fun, creativity and fellowship with clear Bible-based teaching and application.
● Establish healthy relationships with students by:
○ Counseling to care for their emotional and spiritual needs.
○ Discipleship to challenge them to grow in a transforming relationship with Jesus and Mentorship to lead them into taking active roles in ministry.
○ Following MCAC policies regarding relationship boundaries (as described in Plan to Protect).
● Organize age appropriate student programs and curriculum that guide students in spiritual life, missional mindset, real-life application (schools, campus, community, workplace).
● Coordinate and explore joint opportunities such as short term missions with Youth ministries in Mississauga / GTA and C&MA Eastern Canadian District / Central Canadian District .
● Reports to Senior pastor
○ Accountable and reports to the Senior pastor to ensure vision, plan and direction are shared and worked out in cooperation with him.
○ Cultivate a God-honoring and healthy relationship.
● Collaborate with pastoral team to connect and transition SM to/from other ministries
○ Be a team player that is committed to the overall unity of the staff.
○ Lead the transition between children’s ministry, student ministry, and adult ministries.
○ Eg. by attending an adult small group, fellowship, and prayer meetings.
● Informs Elder board
○ Provide status and major updates of SM.
● Mentor SM Intern(s)
○ Lead and guide SM Intern (if any) by sharing experience, knowledge and skills.
○ Grows with and develops healthy relationships with the MCAC community. General Pastoral Duties
● Participate regularly in Sunday services which may include preaching, prayer, and announcements.
● Participate regularly and advocate for students in scheduled prayer meetings, staff, membership and board meetings.
● Develop, manage and administer the SM ministry budget.
● A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited Bible College/University
● Accreditation as a licensed worker of the Christian and Missionary Alliance, completed upon hiring.
Culture and Languages
● Fluent in English is essential.
● Understanding of and prior involvement with North American Chinese Canadian Christian ministries is an asset.
** If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to the chair of the pastoral search committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.**
Application deadline: June 30, 2023
To apply for this job please visit www.mcacchurch.ca.