Website Morriston Park Nursing Home
Requirements are as follows:
• Has completed the Red Seal Certification or Chef training licensing/diploma (preferred)
• Has completed a Food Handlers Certificate Program.
• Reports to the Food Services Manager and/or Administrator and is responsible for ensuring that proper meals are prepared and served on time and that work areas are maintained in a safe and sanitary condition; assists in the purchasing and receiving of food and other supplies
• Ensure that established policies, procedures and work assignments are followed
• Ensure that meals are prepared, according to standardized menu, in adequate portions, served on time and at the proper temperature
• Assist in developing and standardizing recipes
• Ensure that cleaning schedules, sanitary and safety procedures are carried out; report all equipment failures and breakdowns promptly
• Check special diet orders
• Attend in-service education sessions, staff meetings, workshops etc.
• Works in a safe manner which abides by Occupational Health and Safety policies.
• Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)/Risk Management Programs. Complete and submit CQI audits and other reports according to developed policies.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Prepare nourishments and carts for service
• Wash and sanitize pots, pans, and dirty dishes. Set up tables for meal service.
• Professional and accurate record keeping / documentation
• Infection control awareness of policies, procedures and legislation
• Ability to follow direction / routine
• Interacts with other members of the multidisciplinary team appropriately
• Meet employment requirements such as professionalism, personal development, attendance and promoting a healthy work environment/culture
• Sharing responsibility for a safe facility environment
Benefits after 6 months of service
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $22.79 per hour
Extended health care
12 hour shift
8 hour shift
Please notify us of your Covid-19 vaccination status
Ability to commute/relocate:
Puslinch, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Cooking experience: 1 year (required)
Licence/Certification: Chef training or culinary management diploma/certificate
Safe Food Handler Cert or equivalent (required)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.