Website Pleasant Bay Adventure Camp
Away from home, relational, safe , faith-centred & particpatory
Reports To: Camp Manager
Period: July & August
Salary: $350 – $500 per week
Located in the heart of Prince Edward County, the scenic waterfront property is surrounded by water, Lake Ontario, North Beach and Pleasant Bay, a truly magnificent location! Pleasant Bay is a youth-focused high adventure Christian camp that exists to give our children a memorable summer experience, helping them discover, live, and share the good news found only in Christ. For sixty years, Pleasant Bay achieved our mission while having fun, building relationships, fostering leadership and skills development for our campers and staff.
The primary role of a Cabin Leader is to serve as a spiritual, emotional, and practical caregiver to their campers. Cabin Leaders set the atmosphere and culture of their cabin, and ultimately the camp. Cabin Leaders lead by example, ensure all policies and procedures are followed for camper safety while fostering positive experiences. The goal is to provide a Christ-centred, safe and fun environment for campers and staff. Cabin Leaders attend daily morning meetings, Bible time and weekly small groups.
- Model Godly Character – Practice regular prayer and encouragement, resolve conflicts in a loving way, be good stewards of the site and ensure campers are cared for.
- Participate in Leadership of the Camp – Provide mutual support for the other Cabin Leaders, working together to serve the campers in your care while contributing to the healthy culture of your cabin and team
- Engage with Parents – Welcome families to Camp on opening day, say goodbye on closing day, answer any questions and provide a professional overall experience.
- Help Lead Activities – Help engage your campers at activities, assist Activity Leaders as needed and occasionally lead certain activities.
- Be a Christian – Demonstrate a mature Godly character, with a desire and ability to care for children with kindness and respect.
- Be Servant-Hearted – Have a servant attitude, being flexible and willing to pitch in and assist as part of the team.
- Be a Good Communicator – Demonstrate strong communication skills with parents and guardians, suppliers, children, staff, and other guests.
- Be Enthusiastic & Approachable – Present an upbeat and pleasant personality with a helpful attitude towards all.
- Be a Problem Solver – Remain calm under pressure and deal with challenging situations wisely and selflessly.
- Be a Good Listener – Create a safe space and be attentive to the needs of others.
- Be Willing to Grow – Be a teachable person of integrity.
- Police Check – If applicable, provide a current police check.
Conditions of Work & Benefits
You will be provided with accommodation that is shared with another Camp Leader and your campers on property as well as all your meals while employed. Working at Camp is physically demanding, with long stretches on the go without a break. Daily time off will be scheduled by the Manager/Program Leader. Weekly time off begins on Saturdays when all closing day duties are completed. It ends at the beginning of the Family Camp chapel on Sunday mornings.
You will agree to understand Pleasant Bay Adventure Camp Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, Values, Vision and Code of Conduct and uphold them while serving on our team.
If you would like to apply for this position, send a cover letter and resume to Nick Dorazio, Camp Director, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.