Website Pleasant Bay Camp
Away from home, relational, safe , faith-centred & particpatory
Pleasant Bay Camp, Kids’ Summer Camp – Program Director
Pleasant Bay Kids camp located in the heart of Prince Edward County is surrounded by the magnificent waterfront of Lake Ontario. Join our dynamic summer team to embrace a new adventure where you can explore your faith, gain work experience, and build life-long relationships.
You will have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young people every day; to invest in their development and watch them grow in their faith. The camp provides a set-apart space that facilitates a relational encounter between the self, the other and God while incorporating our values; unplugged from home, relational, safe space, faith centered and participatory.
- To be a fully devoted follower of Christ, living with character and integrity.
- Strong (or demonstrating the potential to be strong) in each one of the 5 PBC Fundamental Values: Faith Centered, Relational, Connected to Nature, Participatory and a Fun Safe Person
- High energy and outgoing personality
- Ability to respect and uphold the rules of camp
- Desire to add creative flare to their area of responsibility with passion and ownership
- Handles conflicts appropriately
- Has an inclusive attitude
- Able to communicate and teach youth
1. Design, plan and be the primary leader for all recreational activities and chapel sessions by creating a fun, relational and safe space for campers in a faith based environment
2. Oversee the counsellors and campers each day in various activities and help solve problems as they arise
3. Coordinate program schedule in order to keep camp running smoothly
4. Coordinate with the team for staffing needs as required (e.g. lifeguards)
5. Meet and greet the parents every morning
6. Assist Registrar with registration details
7. Be involved with the handout of day camp promotional materials
8. Adhere to all current health safety protocols as outlined by Camp Management
9. Assist with enhanced cleaning protocols as required (eg. Program areas)
10. Participate in Summer Staff training sessions and team meetings
11. Keep yourself and others accountable to the camp policies & procedures
12. Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Mentor (may include, leading campfires or support roles)
Completion of Grade 11
Experience with Summer Camps an asset
Must have a current Police and VS Check Applicants and be able to legally work in Canada.
HOW TO APPLY
Should you want to learn more about this opportunity forward your resume, a letter of introduction, in confidence to Nick Dorazio , Pleasant Bay Camp Coordinator email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.