Website Power to Change
Help people know Jesus & experience His power 2 change the world
Title: French Ministry Director
Ministry: P2C – Étudiants
Reports to: National Field Strategies Director, P2C-Students
Start Date: ASAP
This position requires both English and French language communication skills. This is a one-year contract position that may be carried into a multi-year position depending on job performance.
P2C Mission Statement
Power to Change seeks to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world.
P2C – Students Mission & Vision
What do we want? Every student walking closer to Jesus.
What do we do? We help every student take their next step towards Jesus.
This role will be held accountable to achieving the following objectives, that said, team-work and delegation is encouraged:
Objective #1: Lead the French Ministry Team toward the objectives of P2C-É
– Create and maintain a healthy team environment characterized by high trust, effective communication, and good collaboration.
– Manage team members so they can effectively reach young adults. This includes:
– Leading your team to implement the values and strategic anchors of the P2C-S playbook
– Ensuring new staff and interns are fully trained to help with P2C-É’s mission
– Be creative in your approach to reaching young adults for Christ
– Work this the French Ministry Team to continue using technology like podcasts, websites, etc.
– Re-establish and expand in-person ministry with students whether through partnerships with other organizations and churches or as P2C-É by September 2024
– Re-develop in-person ministry in a way that is sustainable and effectively uses our staff resources and is attractive for new staff to join
– Network and build relationships with churches and other partners in Quebec
– Ensure that P2C-É is a trusted and recognizable organization among churches and universities in Quebec
– Work with NEXT to expand and support the NEXT Step Awards program in Quebec
– Spend time interacting with young adults in order to understand student culture, cultivate a heart for those who don’t know Jesus, and to evaluate the effectiveness of ministry tools and practices
Objective #2: Participate in generating and managing the necessary resources to accomplish the mission
– Work with the Development team to raise $100,000+ annually for the French ministry.
– Ensure resources are stewarded appropriately and that the budget balances.
– Recruit new staff and volunteers in partnership with the New Staff and Intern Coordinator.
– Ensure every French staff is adequately trained for his/her role. Work with the National Staff Development Director to make this happen.
Objective #3: Help implement national priorities in French
– Develop a team to oversee the implementation of our national priorities which include:
– Help develop Quebec into a missionary sending ground from the rest of Canada
– Work with Convergence and/or the Quebec English Team to ensure all staff have adequate cross-cultural training
– Help to grow French as the default language within the province and at the Montreal office.
– Help to identify and rectify any systemic issues within P2C that are preventing Francophone staff from joining P2C-É.
– Identify varying scope of responsibilities with Convergence.
– Ensure the needs and priorities of the French ministry are known to the NLT
– Attend NLT meetings as required (as required by the National Director or National Field Strategies Director)
– Bring updates, share ministry needs, engage in conversations that are relevant for the French ministry
Education & Experience
– You have a Bachelor’s degree in business or another related field
– You have 5+ year’s leadership experience in any capacity. Leadership experience within a non-profit organization and in a middle to senior-level management position would be an asset
– You have a successful career raising substantial funds per year from a portfolio of donors (comparable experience in corporate sales will be considered)
– You should be knowledgeable and have some experience of the current challenges and opportunities of student ministry in Canada.
– You have experience in relating skillfully and sensitively to the various Christian traditions and their communities and churches;
– You must live in Quebec.
Required Skills & Abilities
– You have a deep and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and has a passion for ministry
– You are a self-starter, and a team player
– You have proven experience in strategic thinking, priority management, budget management and leadership abilities.
– You have experience in managing multiple simultaneous projects and have a strong people and process management skills
– You have excellent communication skills – written and verbal in English and French
– You have experience and are skilled in engaging in fundraising activities.
– You are a confident public speaker with a gift for connecting and fostering relationships.
– You have held a position at the executive level with experience in developing and presenting strategy, reports and direction to leaders, the public and senior leadership.
– You are willing to work flexible hours as some evenings, weekends and some travel will be required during the school year (travel frequency is negotiable)
What We Offer Our Staff
– Employer-paid extended health and dental benefits
– Access to our Employment Assistant Program (EAP)
– Paid vacation
– Free registration for FamilyLife Weekend Getaway
– Extra vacation week from Christmas to New Year
– Weekly Chapel services
– Semi-annual Day of Prayer participation
– Discounts at our Resource Centre
To apply for this job please visit can231.dayforcehcm.com.