Website SEND International of Canada
Many churches are wrestling to make sure they are doing “missions” well. Our vision for the Global Missions Toolbox is to equip and encourage local churches to prepare, train, send, and support missionaries who will bring the gospel to the nations. We believe that the Great Commission is primarily a call to the local churches, and we desire to provide valuable, practical tools to churches who want to do a great job of sending.
The Global Missions Toolbox (GMT) is a collection of resources for those who support global missions from home. The GMT curates and creates tools for those who serve by sending and supporting missionaries from their local church. The GMT is designed to provide resources to equip pastors, elders, missions committee members, and other missions-minded individuals in churches.
The Global Missions Toolbox is a multi-agency initiative catalyzed by SEND Canada, and includes the Global Missions Podcast, an online community (Facebook), an online collection of practical resources, and the GoJournal.
The Global Missions Toolbox Team Leader will coordinate and facilitate the sharing of resources that are valuable to churches who want to do a great job of sending and supporting their missionaries. The Team Leader will oversee the production of the Global Missions Podcast, the production and order fulfillment of the GoJournal, and the curation and development of resources for Senders. The Team Leader will advance the communication and promotion of these materials.
Effective service in this role requires first, a servant heart combined with a passion for God’s glory and His Kingdom advance among the nations! (Matthew 28) The committed Christ-follower in this role must demonstrate capacity for both joyful service and competence in management functions. The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in project management, communications, technology, and marketing and promotion. Experience in missions from an agency or church context is an asset. The person in this role must have willingness to learn, an ability to be self-starting and working independently, while contributing to a healthy team dynamic.
This role will require a minimum of 3 days/week. This position could be a remote, in-person (Komoka, Ontario), or hybrid position. The expected start date is as soon as possible.
This position reports to the Canadian Director of SEND International. Part-time administrative support is provided. While there are initially no direct reports to this role, we are very open to the Team growing as the project advances!
- Global Missions Toolbox
- Communicate with audience through weekly emails using ConvertKit
- Monitor and advance online community using Facebook
- Add new tools to website using WordPress
- Coordinate special events and initiatives- webinars, online courses, etc.
- Coordinate the posting and sharing of blog posts and tools
- Promote the Toolbox through various channels
- Global Missions Podcast
- Brainstorm and invite potential guests
- Coordinate and upkeep podcast posting schedule using Acuity
- Participate in podcast interviews by taking show notes, producing audio using Zencastr
- Post podcast episodes using WordPress
- Promote the Global Missions Podcast
- Fulfill GoJournal orders using WordPress with WooCommrece and Canada Post Shipping Management plugins
- Manage GoJournal inventory
- Promote GoJournal
- Keep materials up to date
- Oversee periodic revision(s) of the GoJournal
- Oversee Global Missions Toolbox Team
- Schedule and lead quarterly advisory group meetings.
- Meet regularly with Canadian Director of SEND International
- Oversee Administrative Assistant
- Lead other projects, tasks, and initiatives that support the vision of the Global Missions Toolbox
This position will be filled through SEND International of Canada.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.