Website Spring Garden Church
Title: Discipleship Ministry Intern
Organization: Spring Garden Church
Reports To: Pastor Jeremy Ranasinghe
Weekly Hours: 6 per week (3hrs on Sundays, 3hrs during the week)
Ministry Interns are a part of the Discipleship Ministry Team and will work primarily with Children and Youth. Our aim is to partner with families to nurture children and youth in life-long discipleship to Jesus Christ.
Connection to SGC’s Mission and Vision:
• Helping kids use their “God-Hand” through developing spiritual and holistic worship practices to personally engage with; while in tandem building a biblically informed worldview
• Helping kids use their “Spiritual Friends Hand” to engage in deep and
meaningful relationships with peers and adult mentors; to establish a practical understanding of Christian thought and history
• Helping kids use their “Mission Foot” as they learn about and experience doing the
work of God’s kingdom, by serving the poor and marginalized
• Helping kids use their “Evangelism Foot” as they learn to lovingly invite friends into the life
of Christ and church community
• To Assist The Pastor of Discipleship: Children, Youth, and Young Adults, In Planning & Executing The Model Of Ministry
• To Manage The Sunday Morning Schedule With Volunteers
• To Provide Support For Volunteers Such As Lessons, Crafts, Snacks, Etc.
• Manage The Database (ROCK RMS) Of Contacts: Volunteers, Kids, Youth &; Families
• To Help Manage Safety Policy
• Help With Logistics Around Forms, Bookings, Etc.
• Communications Such As Emailing Parents
• Help With Children And Youth Worship
• Plan And Run Youth Events With Pastor Of C.Y.YA
• (Learn To) Lead Bible Studies Or Small Groups
• Other Duties As Assigned
Honourarium awarded at end of ministry year/placement
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.