Website Emmanuel Bible College
Part Time, Hourly
15 hours per week
- The Student Services and Learning Support Coordinator serves under the direction of the Executive Director, and in coordination with the Academic Dean and Registrar.
- This employee must agree to the following statements of the college: statement of faith, community standards agreement (which includes the harassment policy), confidentiality agreement, and other statements and training required by law or polity which may arise from time to time.
The Student Services and Learning Support Coordinator is responsible for overseeing student learning support, including research, academic support, and basic library operations. This person also coordinates student services on behalf of the College.
Student Learning and Library Support:
- Coordinate the provision of learning support for students, which could include helping to connect students to academic assistance, tutoring, paper-writing tools and support, training in use of online learning platforms (Brightspace, Populi, DTL2), etc.
- Work with Academic Dean and Faculty to coordinate and assist in providing appropriate academic supports and accommodations to students with individualized learning plans (IEPs).
- Oversee the provision of library services in response to the information and research needs of library users (students and patrons) – both the physical and online collections.
- Supporting students in their research for completion of assignments.
- Provide effective access to library collections and resources by implementing and maintaining library and information policies and procedures, and ensuring the appropriate organization and display of library materials.
- Compile statistics and prepare reports related to library and information services, technology and media services, resources and activities including circulation files, records and statistics.
- Manage the budget for library and information services, technology and media.
Student Life Support:
- Be the first point of contact for student inquiries and concerns – assisting as able and/or directing students to the appropriate resource.
- Implement student services policies and programs.
- Help plan student life events in conjunction with student leaders.
- Coordinate provision of counseling supports for students, ensuring that student leaders are giving and receiving appropriate support, and that students are aware of counselling services provided by the college.
- Regularly meet with Student Leaders ensuring awareness of student issues requiring response that emerge from Student leaders, Residence Director, and soliciting student feedback.
- Report on student life issues regularly at Leadership Team meetings.
At Emmanuel we recognize that education is constantly changing and we need to be flexible, as such this role will also fulfill other duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor level degree – Student Life and/or Library Sciences or related is preferred.
- Bible college or theological education is also preferred.
- Experience in Library Services is an asset.
The position calls for:
- Comfortable advising and working with students
- Creativity, initiative and flexibility
- Strong interpersonal, administrative, and time-management skills
- Strong understanding of Library Sciences and Learning Resources
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong administrative skills and record keeping
- Passion for the church and for developing leaders for the church and the world
- Commitment to an Evangelical expression of the Christian faith
- Demonstrated ministry experience (desired)
- Respect for EBC’s denominational ties
- Spiritual maturity and a desire to engage in modeling and mentoring relationships with students
Salary and Benefits
- Pay for this position will be determined by qualifications of the candidate as assessed by the college
- Vacation is three weeks per annum
To apply, please email HR@ebcollege.ca with a resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@ebcollege.ca.