Website The Sending Collective
Are you passionate about supporting cross-cultural workers and helping them thrive in their mission journeys? Do you have a heart for ministry and a capacity to lead a dynamic team dedicated to facilitating impactful service?
The Sending Collective of Canada (thesendingcollective.org/ca) is seeking a visionary leader to take on the role of Director of Personnel. If you are a mature Christ-follower with a passion for missions and a heart for supporting servants of God, we invite you to explore this catalytic role!
About the Sending Collective
The Sending Collective is a collaborative alliance of missions organizations united in the goal of empowering Canadians in their cross-cultural mission efforts. Together, we strive to provide wide-ranging support and services for Goers (mission workers) and Senders (churches, donors and supporters) fostering a community dedicated to making a global impact.
The Director of Personnel for the Sending Collective of Canada oversees and coordinates our care and support of mission workers. Through collaboration with personnel across several organizations, your role involves orchestrating effective practices, activities, and operations to ensure support for mission workers engaged in short-term, mid-term, and long-term missions. You will also be instrumental in generating new conversations with potential cross-cultural workers, discernment of God’s direction, and facilitating the timely placement of mission workers.
– Oversee and coordinate member care of cross-cultural missionary servant serving worldwide, leading and inspiring colleagues (esp. mission coaches) across multiple organizations of the Sending Collective.
– Help catalyze conversations with potential new cross-cultural workers, ensuring alignment with the Sending Collective’s mission.
– Oversee efficient and effective application screening and placement processes.
– Provide strategic leadership for pre-field training and support for appointees.
– Coordinate logistical support during deployments to mission field, and re-entry to Canada.
– Manage retirement transitions and provide care for missionary kids (MKs) and extended families.
Strategic Collaborative Leadership Oversight
– Work closely with organization leaders to align personnel practices with the overarching mission and vision of the Sending Collective.
– Foster a culture of collaboration and shared expertise among mission coaches to enhance the overall effectiveness of the Collective.
– Identify and pursue opportunities for synergy and innovation in multi-organization initiatives.
– Collaborate with the leadership of the member mission organizations to develop and implement strategic initiatives that further the Sending Collective’s impact on a global scale.
– Contribute thought leadership on trends and best practices in member care for global mission workers missions, ensuring the Sending Collective remains at the forefront of impactful cross-cultural engagement.
– Oversee interactions with Sending and Supporting churches (Global Ministry Agreements).
– Ensure contact with retired missionaries.
– Provide supportive care for missionary kids (MKs) and extended families of mission workers.
– Energetic and mature Christ-follower with a vibrant walk with God.
– Demonstrated relational ability, self-awareness, warm manner, and strong communication skills.
– Pastoral gifts of wisdom, discernment, and encouragement.
– Cross-cultural ministry experience (preferably several years).
– Proven team-building skills and experience with complex projects.
The Director of Personnel reports to Canadian Director of SEND International*, as well as other leadership of the Sending Collective as determined by participation of member organizations. *Unless determined otherwise by the Collective, the person filling this role will be an employee of SEND International of Canada. Mission coaches and personnel across participating Collective organizations report to the Director of Personnel.
This position is ideally filled in the vicinity of London, ON, but other locations may be considered. Occasional travel will be required to visit mission workers and Sending Collective member organizations.
This is a support-based position that involves raising financial support through ministry partners for salary and other expenses.
Join Us in Making a Difference!
If you are passionate about supporting and empowering mission workers, and if you thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment, we invite you to apply. Be part of a team that values innovation, compassion, and a commitment to serving others.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are the ideal candidate for this role to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is January 20th, 2024.
Make an impact. Serve with The Sending Collective of Canada.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.