Website Unionville Alliance Church
PASTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRIES
Overview of Unionville Alliance Church:
Unionville Alliance Church is a warm, vibrant, multi-ethnic, multi-generational church in Markham, Ontario that exists to lead people to know Jesus Christ and to follow him passionately. We value meaningful community, Biblical teaching, caring for those in need, prayer, and sharing God’s message of hope in Markham and beyond. We are motivated by God’s love to touch our world through Jesus Christ one life at a time.
The part-time (20 hours/week) role of Pastor of Youth Ministries will be responsible for overseeing ministry to young people from grades six through to high school in conjunction with our overall pastoral ministry. Consistent with our mission, vision, and values, we seek to lead young people to personal saving faith in Jesus Christ and to grow and mature that faith into fully devoted followers of Christ. Note: this position can be combined with the part-time role of Director of Online Engagement to create a full-time position.
- A mature follower of Jesus Christ with a vital faith and Christ-like character
- A gifted leader who seeks to serve
- A pastoral heart passionate about young people, evangelism, gospel fulfillment, discipleship, mentorship, and missions
- Ability to recruit, lead, train and inspire a team of volunteers and lay leaders
- Exhibits honesty and integrity coupled with personal discipline
- A high capacity individual who is self-motivated, driven, and responsible
- A vibrant and engaging communicator in a variety of media including oral and written mediums
- An active listener and eager learner who leads change with grace
- An innovator and strategic thinker who is able to see and think outside the box
- Ability to leverage the digital platform to actively cultivate avenues of online ministry
- Able to work in harmony as a team player by contributing, supporting, and being committed to the broader ministry of Unionville Alliance Church
- Fundamental agreement with the doctrinal statement of the Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada
- A Bachelor’s degree or preferably a Master’s degree, from an accredited institution, in theology or a related field
- A minimum of three years’ experience in pastoral ministry
- Accredited or able to be accredited as an official worker of the Christian & Missionary Alliance in Canada
Youth Ministry Responsibilities:
- Cast vision, create plans, recruit volunteers, and lead the execution of all youth ministries
- Conduct weekly gatherings that foster Bible engagement, fellowship, personal enrichment, and prayer through both large and small group opportunities
- Host games/activity nights that build community and relationships with leaders and youth
- Oversee and help teach the grades six to eight students on Sunday mornings to enrich their understanding of the gospel and help them with current and relevant issues
- Seek to engage local schools with opportunities and avenues of evangelism and care
- Mentor youth through one-on-one meetings while building a larger mentorship team to engage the youth on a personal level
- Display and share the love of Jesus through servant leadership and pastoral care for all youth within our fellowship while actively engaging guests and parents
- Leverage social media platforms to communicate with youth and stay connected with them
- Build and train a leadership team of adults who can invest and cultivate relationships with the youth
- Keep proper records of attendance, permission forms, background checks, abuse prevention forms, and other vital documents that ensure the safety of our youth
- Communicate with youth and parents on a regular basis to keep them up to date on activities, meetings, and resources that would be beneficial for them
- In conjunction with the Children’s Pastor, host and run events for parents which equip them with the needed tools to train their children and youth in a Biblical and culturally sensitive way
- Grow our youth ministry by creating an attractive and compelling environment where they are engaged and inspired to invite friends to attend
- Invest time into personal and professional growth and stay up to date with new and innovative ideas and methods of youth ministry
- Plan and lead youth mission trips which will enrich them with a global gospel perspective
- Prepare and manage a youth ministries budget
- Work with the rest of the staff to accomplish and fulfill our overall mission, vision, and values
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the Lead Pastor
Why Work With Us?
- We are a passionate, engaging, and innovative team that seeks to have fun while magnifying Jesus in our community and around the world
- We provide extended health care benefits that include dental, vision, and paramedical coverage
- We care about your future and provide for pension benefits with matching contributions
- We want to see you grow as a leader by providing opportunities and financial support for professional development
- We offer a flexible work environment with both in office and work from home opportunities
- We value the weekly sabbath while offering a minimum of three weeks annual vacation
- Plus other benefits and intangibles that you will learn about as you work with us!
Submit your applications at uachome.org/careers.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.