Website Unionville Alliance Church
Denomination: Christian and Missionary Alliance
Church Size: 350+
Job Type: Summer Position
Position Status: Full Time, Summer
Potential Start Date: May 15, 2023
Potential Duration: 16 weeks
Department: Children’s Ministry
Reports to: Children’s Pastor
Last summer, we had 400 campers join us for Power Up! Camps. The Camp Manager will support campers through planning, overseeing, and implementing camp activities.
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create and revise camp curriculum
- Lead volunteers in pre-camp activities and preparation
- Give oversight & coaching to other leaders and camp staff
- As a team, collaborate with camp staff and Pastor of Children’s Ministries to plan activities for camp, volunteer onboarding and more
- Plan agenda & logistics for family programs
- Assist in Sunday morning programming as needed
- Lead daily devotionals, announcements and debriefs
- Address disagreements between camp staff, volunteers and between children if applicable
- Ensure children are engaged, actively get to know the children and leaders
- Take initiative to complete tasks & think ahead of schedule in case of emergencies &/or changes
- Be an example for all camp staff and volunteers in terms of having a passion for serving & leadership abilities
- Lead debriefs; gather feedback to help improve camp; implement changes for the next camp and communicate with leaders
- Lead and organize camp clean-up/set up for next camp
- Personal & professional development: Create & implement an individual development plan (IDP) targeting areas of growth
- Perform related duties or special projects as assigned
- Complete a brief weekly reflection regarding experience, tasks and self-improvement
- Mandatory abuse prevention training
Skills & Qualities
- A strong understanding of our church’s mission and purpose for camps.
- Must be independent, energetic, self-motivated, and flexible.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capable of leading a team and ability to work collaboratively.
- Experience in planning and leading children/youth programs and activities preferred.
- Ability to think strategically, to execute the envisioned projects and plans effectively.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with strong attention to detail.
- To be a fully devoted follower of Christ, living with character and integrity.
- Fully aligned with the mission, vision, and values of Unionville Alliance Church
- Is a team player and acts as a positive role model for children, youth, and fellow staff.
- Strong oral and written English communication.
- Organized, punctual, responsible, takes initiative and reliable.
Applicants must be 15-30 years old. Position is contingent upon obtaining the Canada Summer Job Grant.
Submit your applications at uachome.org/careers.
To apply for this job please visit uachome.org.