Website Waterloo Mennonite Brethren Church
WMB Church is a Christian community that is passionate about making a difference in Kitchener-Waterloo and beyond. We are a multi-ethnic, economically diverse, multi-site church engaging in services and programs each week. WMB’s mission is to make more and better disciples—calling people to a deeper relationship with Jesus. We delight in seeing people of all ages surrender their lives to Jesus and share their stories during our monthly baptism celebrations.
1 year contract – Custodial Staff
As a support to the Operations department, you will work under the supervision of the Director, Finance & Operations and under the direction of the Director of Maintenance to keep the church building clean and functioning at all times.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
· Regular cleaning of all areas of the church building. Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly schedules will be followed.
· Set-up and take-down of tables, chairs and other equipment as required to meet ministry needs.
· Occasional evening or weekend cleaning for special functions (i.e. weddings, conferences, funerals, etc)
· Collection and removal of garbage and recycling
· Provide support to the Director of Maintenance in tending to the upkeep of the property surrounding the buildings as needed
· Provide support to the Director of Maintenance in performing minor repairs and maintenance such as changing lightbulbs, reorganizing storage areas, replacing toilet handles, etc
· Proven ability to follow directions and take initiative
· Proven ability to clean and maintain areas under your care with excellence
· Able to work with a diverse group of people, in a professional manner
· Reliable and responsible, performing work in a timely, consistent manner, arriving prepared for work and committed to doing the best job possible
· Able to handle physical labour
· Must have a deep, growing personal faith in Jesus Christ and support the Confession of Faith of the Canadian MB Conference
· Ability to be flexible with tasks and schedule in order to accommodate changing priorities
· Ability to interact with congregants, guests and renters in a professional, polite and confidential manner
· Be a self-motivated learner and team player who strives to improve yourself and the workplace for the benefit of the team
Position: Custodial Staff
Allotted hours per week: 30 hrs (.75 % full-time position)
Starting Wage: $18/hr
Reports to: Director, Finance & Operations
Sphere of Influence / Scope of Care Buildings and Property
Term of contract: 1 year contract
This is a 1 year contract beginning April 2, 2024. Please email your cover letter (specifying how your skills meet the position requirements), resume, and contact information for three references to the address below. Review of applications will begin by Feb 5, 2024 and will continue until the position is filled.
Attention: Human Resources
245 Lexington Rd. Waterloo, ON N2K 2E1
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 519.885.5330 x244
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.