Website Waterloo Mennonite Brethren Church
Do you have a passion to raise up disciples and grow the local church?
Join a staff team of ministry leaders who empower the congregation in many creative expressions of Christ’s mission in our neighbourhoods, city and world.
WMB Church is a Christian community that is passionate about making a difference in KW and beyond. WMB’s mission is to make more and better disciples, calling people to a deeper relationship with Jesus. We delight in seeing people of all ages surrender their lives to Jesus and commit to growing in their faith.
The ideal Pastor, Kids Ministry:
We are looking for an emotionally mature, ministry-minded leader who is passionate about using their skills and gifts to cast vision and implement strategy for a new season of Kids Ministry. You will be part of the Discipleship team, working collaboratively with the other leaders on this team, under the direction of, and reporting directly to the Pastor, Discipleship. The successful candidate will be a dynamic leader who thrives in a collaborative culture and is able to balance leading and discipling kids (infant – gr. 5), lay leaders, and parents. You will possess strong MB theological fluency, a deep desire to see people come to know Jesus, have a solid grasp of the Millennial and GenAlpha generations, be passionate about creating inclusive and fun learning environments, and have a proven ability to recruit and train lay leaders and volunteers.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
Oversee, build and communicate a vision and strategy for Kids Ministry at WMB Church (all sites) that will navigate the ever-changing realities of the restrictions due to COVID-19. Choose and implement curriculum and other resources for Kids Ministry programming that are in alignment with the overall strategy and theology of WMB Church, ensuring that kids are encountering Jesus and learning at a level that is age and developmentally appropriate.
Recruit, equip, minister to, and provide training for Kids Ministry leaders so that they may further develop their gifts (i.e.. leadership, teaching) and a passion for ministry as they lead kids and work with helpers. Ensure that leaders are prepared to equip parents to raise their kids to follow Jesus, developing faith and spiritual habits at home (beyond Kids Ministry events and program), so that these generations will grow in relationship with Jesus together.
Using WMB’s policies and procedures, maintain a Kids Ministry that is safe and welcoming for all children and those who lead them. Manage communication and publicity so that parents, leaders and helpers are informed and up to date on all policies, procedures, and activities.
Oversee all aspects of WMB’s Wumba summer day camp, including hiring and supervising a coordinator and staff team. Wumba is a six to eight week full-day, gospel-based camp that is designed to be accessible to all children, regardless of socio-economic status or familiarity with church.
· Proven understanding of, and ability to communicate to multiple generations, specifically GenAlpha (infant – gr. 5) and Millennials.
· Clear communicator in both oral and written form – able to express ideas well, explain concepts and inspire others to join and follow you.
· Proven solution-oriented problem solver, adaptable and able to make decisions in stressful situations.
· Able to work with a diverse group of people, negotiating relationships professionally and respectfully while holding people accountable to the guidelines of the church and denomination and government requirements
· Ability to learn and adapt to new technology for communication and presentation.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and related products.
· Must have a deep, growing personal faith in Jesus Christ, support the Confession of Faith of the Canadian MB Conference and be willing to become a covenant Member of WMB Church.
· Be credentialed by the Ontario Conference of MB Churches, or willing to become credentialed within first year of ministry.
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Preference given to those with theological education.
· Proven track record of effective leadership, judgement and decision making.
· Display strong moral character, honesty, humility and integrity.
· Qualified to work in Canada and willing to relocate to Waterloo if needed.
· Starting salary $40,000- $48,000 (FTE) based on experience.
· Comprehensive benefits plan including pension, extended health and dental.
· Opportunity to apply to the CRA for Clergy Residence Deduction.
Please submit your cover letter and resume
Attention: Human Resources
245 Lexington Rd. Waterloo, ON N2K 2E1
Desired start date is ASAP. Review of applications will commence as they are received. Posting will remain open until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.