Website Westheights Community Church
Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of students? Do you enjoy having fun and using your relationships to encourage others? If you care about helping people grow spiritually and participate in God’s work in the world, then this may be just the right role for you!
Westheights Community Church is a growing church community who is looking for a Director of Student Ministries. Formalized education isn’t required, but you must have a heart for building relationships with young people, and supporting them through exploring topics of faith and life…and if you have a sense of humour, that would be awesome too!
This is an opportunity to work in a vibrant faith community, alongside a positive staff team, where we seek to help people develop a faith that is transformational and that can be lived out practically in daily life.
While the main focus of this position is student ministry, there are other opportunities to contribute to the events and initiatives of the church and we are willing to adjust this job description to reflect the skills, experience and interests of the successful candidate.
Student Ministry (75%):
- Develop, coordinate, implement and evaluate a ministry program for students in grades 6-12 that is about helping students “find and follow Jesus,” and ultimately participating in what God is doing in the world.
- Recruit, train, supervise and encourage volunteer Student Ministry leaders.
- Develop relationships with students and families outside of programmed events, to foster personal relationships and nurture spiritual growth.
- Administer Westheights Protection Plan with respect to student ministries.
- Promote and encourage students to participate in the life of Westheights Community Church, outside of age specific programming
- Provide financial oversight of ministry budgets that is marked by integrity and stewardship
- Participate in weekly Team Meetings
- Oversee the Westheights “Halloween for Hunger” initiative
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by the fruits of the Spirit
- Personal integrity, a life-long learner, self-motivated, goal-oriented, a team player, flexible
- Passion for seeing students encounter Jesus and grow as his followers
- Affirmed leadership abilities
- Be in agreement with the Be In Christ Church of Canada Core Values and Articles of Faith and Doctrine
- Willing and able to become a member of Westheights Community Church
- Effective written and spoken communication skills
- Familiarity with or willing to learn Planning Center and Google Workspace
- Current Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
Terms of Employment:
The Director of Student Ministries will be employed by Westheights Community Church, supervised by the Lead Pastor and will be amenable to the leadership of the Be In Christ Church of Canada.
The position requires work on Sundays, Thursday evenings and regular mid-week office hours which will be determined in discussion with the Lead Pastor. The hours worked each week will fluctuate, but the average will be 30 hours/week.
- This position is permanent, part-time, based on 30 hours per week.
- Benefits Included
- Salary TBD
How to Apply:
Westheights Community Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applications will be accepted until December 4, 2022.
Only applicants who are legally permitted to reside and work in Canada will be considered.
Please email a resume, along with a short personal testimony of faith and three personal references, to Josh Mutter (Lead Pastor) at firstname.lastname@example.org. A brief video introduction of yourself and your interest in the position would be appreciated, but is not required.
While we appreciate all submissions, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.