Website Yonge Street Mission
The Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading a collective movement – going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto.
Since 1896, YSM has provided wraparound support and services, making it possible for individuals, families, and communities to move forward. We believe if we combine our collective resources and wisdom, together we can reach our goal of ending chronic poverty in a generation.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true calling to contribute to our work in transforming the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving, then this is where you belong.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant (Executive Office) to support and ensure the effective functioning of the office of the President & CEO and the leadership teams. Reporting to the Manager, Executive Office, this role will provide administrative and scheduling support to the Senior Leadership team and coordinate internal executive leadership-led events, e.g. regular All Staff Meetings. This role will also assist the Manager, Executive Office in providing support to the Board of Directors, facilitating communication and supporting Philanthropy’s campaigns via social media.
- In conjunction with the Manager, Executive Office, manage and coordinate an extremely active calendar of appointments and extensive rescheduling while keeping CEO informed as needed
- Manage multiple team calendars and optimize executive leaders’ time
- Plan and coordinate necessary provisions for leadership team meetings and retreats
- Coordinate internal meetings as needed towards team goals
- Serve as a liaison to parties seeking requirements of the CEO’s schedule
- Optimize meeting efficiency, ensure logistics, pre-read and follow-up items for every meeting are expedited and actioned in accordance with deadlines and that suitable preparation time is allocated
- Facilitate the smooth functioning of All Staff Meetings and other internal staff events in coordination as needed with the Operations team
- Coordinate and plan the Social Media accounts of the CEO
- Work with the Manager, Marketing & Communications to ensure support of current campaigns
- Complete monthly expense reports, monitor budget, reconcile VISA
- Post-secondary education combined with 1-2 years of relevant experience working in a similar environment
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computer applications (MS Office Suite, email and internet applications, G Suite/Google Workspace)
- Demonstrated comfort with and knowledge of social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Very good interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact, discretion and great customer service
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of YSM
Deadline for Application: July 20, 2022
Your resume and cover letter should articulate your alignment with the above qualifications, and why YSM’s values, principles of faith and mission uniquely resonate with you.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date posted: June 24, 2022
To apply for this job please visit ysm.bamboohr.com.