Yonge Street Mission
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading a collective movement – going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving.
Our employees tell us one of the many reasons they love working at YSM is the people. We’re passionate about our work to help struggling neighbours move from merely surviving to thriving.
If you’re looking for a great place where you can do meaningful and challenging work, this could be the opportunity for you.
YSM is seeking a Receptionist for its Evergreen Centre for Street Involved Youth located at 365 Spadina Ave. This is a temporary full time, onsite role for 3 months that could lead to permanent full time. The Receptionist is typically the first person who greets visitors, therefore the position’s responsibility is to foster an environment of respect and culture of care for all people as they enter the building. The main task is to ensure visitors are welcomed, people are directed to appropriate programs; safety protocols are being followed; calls are answered in a timely way; and general administrative duties are completed efficiently in order that youth are supported to achieve their goals and break the cycle of recidivism and poverty.
This is a 3-month contract from June 6, 2022 to September 2, 2022 that could become a full time permanent role. The Evergreen Centre Receptionist reports to YSM’s Director of Street Involved Services.
- Welcome, screen and appropriately direct incoming staff, volunteers, participants and contractors
- Answer the phone and emails directing requests as needed internally and to external referral sources
- Participate in daily drop-in briefings/debriefing sessions and Evergreen-wide team meetings and initiatives
- Prepare and receive interoffice mail; distribute mail and shared laptops
- Coordinate internal room reservations
- Update program availability (ex.health centre etc..) daily
- Liaise with cleaners (Kleenzone) and maintenance (Upkeep)
- Perform inventory and maintain supply of general Evergreen admin supplies; oversee maintenance of copiers and order copier supplies
- Document attendance, referrals and incidents
- Organize and maintain lobby area in a manner that demonstrates hospitality, helpful referral information, safety, and professionalism
- Provide donor relations and volunteer resources support as requested
- Support the Drop-In Team in situations of crisis or conflict; monitor the security cameras
- Demonstrated computer, administrative and organizational skills
- Comfort working with culturally diverse people groups within a multi-faith, multicultural, anti-oppressive framework
- Ability to manage crisis situations with strong conflict resolution skills
- Three years work experience, non-profit sector preferred
- Preference given for those with youth sector (ages 16-29) experience
- Demonstrated personal commitment to YSM’s principles of faith, mission and values.
- A Police Check will be required/First Aid training provided
Deadline for Application: June 1, 2022
Start Date: ASAP
Your resume and cover letter should articulate your alignment with the above qualifications, and why YSM’s values, principles of faith and mission uniquely resonate with you.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: May 24, 2022
To apply for this job please visit ysm.bamboohr.com.