Website Yonge Street Mission
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto.
Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community, as well as flexible hybrid work arrangements. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
The Opportunity and Responsibilities:
The candidate will plan curriculum development, innovative programs, engage children and parents in reaching developmental milestones, and integrate children with challenges. Music, art, special events and field trips are an important part of community life in our daycare.
- An active enthusiastic person with a passion for children and an ability to help facilitate innovative programs
- Experienced in working in a multicultural low-income daycare setting
- Fun-loving, creative and wanting to make a difference in the lives of families and children with excellent organizational skills
- Able to supervise student interns and volunteers
- Knowledgeable in Children’s Services Early Learning and Care Assessment for Quality Improvement, Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 and Education Act. Early Learning for Every Child Today: A Framework for Ontario Early Childhood Settings. How Does Learning Happen, Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years and Daycare’s Philosophy.
- Holds an ECE diploma or degree and is registered and in good standings with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- A police check will be required
- First aid training with CPR/AED infant/child level C,
- Full Health Assessment
- Demonstrated personal commitment to YSM’s principles of faith, mission and values
Deadline for Application: Available until filled
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: November 3, 2023
To apply for this job please visit ysm.bamboohr.com.