Website Yonge Street Mission
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto. Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community, as well as flexible hybrid work arrangements. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
YSM is seeking for a Reception Assistant who will provide excellent, welcoming, efficient and professional receptionist and client referral support at the Evergreen Health Centre. The incumbent will work a 4 month contract of 20 hours per week with expectation to be flexible as needed. The successful candidate will further develop skills in building relationships with hard-to-reach populations, crisis intervention and conflict management, empowering and assisting community members towards their goals.
- Provide a welcoming and warm atmosphere to community members, volunteers and staff
- Manage the reception area, phone calls, visitors, mail
- Manage conflict, crowd flow, screening and security
- Manage and answer basic inquiries, calls, emails, faxes, and redirect as necessary
- Schedule and coordinate clinic appointments with community members, volunteers and staff
- Support with volunteer needs including check-in, preparing clinical rooms and disinfecting surfaces
- Keep informed and connect community members to internal and external resources
- Input and maintain data in various databases including Google sheets, Paradigm, CHR and OSCAR EMR
- Process intake forms, consent forms, gifts-in-kind donations and courier/mail deliveries
- Be an active team member of the wider YSM community
- Respond to emergency situations in accordance with YSM safety and security policies and procedures; including assessing when to call for assistance and back-up
- Good telephone voice, pleasant, tactful, diplomatic and friendly manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, and verbal and written business English communication skills
- At least five years of experience with office administration, preference for medical office administration
- Prompt, reliable, self-motivated, conscientious and innovative
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office software, Google functionality, EMRs and other databases
- Experience working in a multicultural, multi-faith setting, and those with multiple challenges
- Ability to keep composure and prioritize effectively during high-stress periods and situations
- Ability to professionally and compassionately handle confidential, sensitive material
- Training in crisis prevention intervention and CPR First Aid is an asset
- A demonstrated commitment to the principles of faith values and mission of YSM
- A Police Record Check is required
Deadline for Application: October 27, 2022
Start Date: November 14, 2022
Resume and cover letter should articulate your alignment with the above qualifications, and why YSM’s values, principles of faith and mission uniquely resonate with you.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: October 13, 2022