Website Yonge Street Mission
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto.
Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community, as well as flexible hybrid work arrangements. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
We are seeking a Family Services Care Management and Education Specialist for a full-time role, currently supported by a 2 year funding grant. We are in search of a mature individual that is passionate for justice, advocating and supporting children and youth in their educational and life challenges. You will be responsible to work closely with young people that are in crisis and have multiple barriers within their educational journey, self-esteem, family dynamics/relationships, etc.
Our goal is to collaboratively work with parents/guardians/caregivers and external partners and agencies to support children and youth realize their educational goals. If you are innovative, love challenges and can work in a fast paced environment, this position is for you.
- Working closely with children, youth and their parents to address multiple barriers that threaten family stability through a holistic care management approach
- Understanding the approach and utilize skills to work from an ABR & AO trauma informed lens
- Overseeing and delivering educational support and “Life-Changing” workshops that are relevant to building children and youth’s capacity within their educational journey to achieve success
- Engaging with children and youth that have educational exceptionalities
- Utilizing our RISE Model (Respond, Invite, Support, Engage) to provide a full wrap-around system of support through partnerships
- Work closely with YSM staff, volunteers, tutors and external agencies, partners and stakeholders to ensure that the children and youth’s educational plans and self- development goals are achieved
- Possibly be involved in court hearings, case conferences, parent-teacher school meetings and any other related appointments when applicable
- Able to manage a caseload of up to 15 children and youth
- Documenting case notes, life action plans, be comfortable using Salesforce Software to data collection, etc. to meet monthly and quarterly reporting requirements
- Providing advocacy in institutions such as education, child welfare, justice system, accessibility to extra-curricular activities for children and youth etc.
- Training and overseeing tutors, working closely with Volunteer Services for recruitment
- SSW/MSW/BSW/ or equivalent certifications with minimum 2 years’ experience working with children and youth with a focus on navigating the educational system
- Able to work with diverse people groups within a multi-faith, multicultural, anti-oppressive framework
- Ability to make analytical decisions around case management and program delivery
- A demonstrated passion for poverty alleviation through education pathways
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel around the city
- Must have strong administrative and computer skills
- Skilled at preparing, delivering and facilitating workshops
- Must be innovative, ability to make quick and sound decisions when required
- Solid team player and able to work with autonomy as well
- A police check will be required
- AODA, First Aid & CPI training is an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to YSM’s principles of faith, mission and values
- Able to provide flexibility in schedule where required
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends when required
Deadline for Application: February 6, 2023
Start Date: ASAP
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: January 6, 2023
To apply for this job please visit ysm.bamboohr.com.