Website Yonge Street Mission
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto. Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community, as well as flexible hybrid work arrangements. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
Reporting to the Director, Development & Marketing, YSM is seeking a full time Annual Giving Development Officer to advance key areas of our annual fundraising initiatives.
Our ideal candidate is a hands-on fundraiser with a can-do attitude who understands the importance of quality relationships and impactful communications in deepening relationships with donors. To succeed in this role, the selected candidate will have a notable blend of relationship building, event and project management skills, coupled with great attention to detail and strong communication and problem-solving skills. At your core, you have a deep interest in social service and YSM’s mission to eradicate chronic poverty in Toronto within one generation.
As the Development Officer, Annual Giving, you will reflect YSM’s core values of Transformation, Collaboration, Innovation, Accountability, Communication and Celebration and help bring these to life among colleagues and for YSM’s donors through high standards of donor stewardship, relationship management and interactions.
- Invest in building our mid-level TO.gether Team donor program, by delivering meaningful stewardship and impactful reporting aimed at deepening the engagement of YSM’s approximate 2,800 mid-level ($500-<$5,000) donors to increase their overall giving
- Evolve tactics to cultivate our pool of mid-level prospects, so as to increase the mid-level donor pool and produce further growth in mid-level revenue
- Help develop innovative donor engagement and cultivation initiatives, and support their smooth execution and delivery, including undertaking follow up surveys and compiling the associated data, to inform future program development, for mid-level, event and other supporters
- Energetically support the development of our third party events initiatives by creating a user friendly, highly readable and inspiring third party events ‘toolkit’ for community partners and interested supporters, in addition to public presentation materials
- Additionally help manage community building – through our GIVE 6IX | CHALLENGE 6IX initiative – and group engagement – through our Project: GENERAT1ON team volunteering – inquiries with appropriate responses, and support committed partners in the use of our peer to peer online fundraising system, so as to grow revenue and further build community support
- Create and maintain effective program monitoring, measurement and analysis to aid continuous results improvement and maximize the benefits of funds spent
- Provide key fundraising support to overall program development, special Annual Giving and Philanthropy projects which may arise, fundraising and donor cultivation events, to ensure high calibre donor experiences and continuous improvement
- Undergo training to acquire skills needed to leverage available technologies to facilitate online giving and fundraising, regular e-communication to donors and full capture in our donor database of contact data in addition to donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship actions
The successful candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated commitment to YSM’s Articles of Faith, and values
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in advancement, fundraising, or donor engagement in not-for-profit environment(s)
- University degree or college diploma in fundraising, humanities, marketing or related fields of study
- Well honed, highly effective written and oral communication skills
- Passion for and experience in event management, donor relations and stewardship, with a strategic focus on deepening relationships with donors and building long-term donor valueWell established project and time management skills, coupled with proven problem solving ability and excellent attention to detail
- Capacity to reprioritize in a fast-paced service-oriented environment, to effectively manage competing priorities
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint – and, ideally, working familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Deeply relationship-focused, with empathy and compassion for others, from all walks of life
- Working experience with donor database(s), especially Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, broadcast email systems and / or peer to peer online fundraising tools, considered a notable asset
- A police check will be required
Deadline for Application: December 17, 2022
Start Date: ASAP
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca.
Date Posted: October 27, 2022
To apply for this job please visit ysm.bamboohr.com.