Website Yonge Street Mission
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto. Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community, as well as flexible hybrid work arrangements. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
We are seeking a full-time, Building and Tenant Supervisor to support our Housing Services (a 26 unit Transitional Facility and Housing Search Support Services) as we work to achieve our ambitious goal to end chronic poverty in Toronto in one generation.
The ideal candidate is familiar with the Toronto Social Housing Sector, enjoys working with a diverse team, demonstrates excellence in problem solving and has financial management skills.
- Effectively manage all day to day building operations of Genesis Place (26 unit Transitional Housing)
- Oversee property development policies and procedures in cooperation with YSM Property Services Department and facilitate working relationship with PSD for best results
- Respond to property management requests and complaints from tenants, facilitate and arrange work with PSD, carry out and oversee repairs and projects, tenant management and communication
- Proactively work with tenants on preventative maintenance initiatives and monitor areas in need of repair and improvements
- Accompany, oversee and manage jobs happening at GP by external contractors
- Monitor and oversee all preventative measures related to pest control, plumbing, and annual maintenance in partnership with Housing Manager
- Administer and oversee Genesis Place and YSM policies and procedures
- Maintain accurate housing administration following direction from the Service Manager and in compliance with RGI rules and regulations
- Assess the needs of Genesis Place tenants together with the staff offer transformative models of appropriate individual support and community development programming to meet the needs of the tenants
- Ensure supportive work with community members in accordance with YSM values and good management
- Ensure the safety and security of the building and tenants of Genesis Place
- Respond to property management issues outside of hours for situational and crisis response required
- Ensure that accurate and timely program records, budgets, statistics and reports are maintained, including keeping accurate data on file of tenants
- Supervise building support services (cleaning and after hours) staff and contractors
- Five years experience in property management preferably with supportive and/or alternative housing;
- Demonstrated experience in budgets compliance
- Knowledge of housing management legislation and relevant Government policy
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and manage risk with training in Crisis Management;
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving abilities with internal and external teams, and community partners;
- Effective written and oral communication skills; excellent organizational skills
- Flexibility in hours, including availability for evening and weekend work as required;
- A Police Record Check is required; Certificate in First Aid an asset;
- A demonstrated commitment to the faith, values and mission of YSM
Deadline for Application: December 16, 2022 (or until filled)
Start Date: ASAP
Resume and cover letter should articulate your alignment with the above qualifications, and why YSM’s values, principles of faith and mission uniquely resonate with you.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: October 14, 2022
To apply for this job please visit ysm.bamboohr.com.