Website Yonge Street Mission
Our Summer Camp Team is seeking a full-time temporary Summer Camp Leaders-In-Training (L.I.T.) Program Facilitator (9 weeks). The Summer Camp L.I.T. Facilitator will work in child, youth and community development with children and youth living in the Regent Park, St. Jamestown, Moss Park and Cabbagetown neighbourhoods.
Please note that this job opening is for Canada Summer Jobs applicants only, who must meet the participant requirements under the Canada Summer Jobs Agreement with the Employment and Social Development Canada as outlined:
- between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and;
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Plan a 6-week Leadership Training program that is dynamic and enriching for all grade 9-10 participants
- Participate in a 2-week orientation for the Summer Camp staff team; ensuring that all staff are fully prepared and equipped for the Summer Camp experience – the L.I.T.’s are your primary focus
- Collaborate with the Summer Day Camp Program Coordinator to create opportunities for L.I.T. involvement
- Provide leadership for indoor and outdoor sports, arts & crafts projects, tech projects, field trips, teaching, cooking and other organized activities over an 8-week period
- Encourage L.I.T. participants to build stronger relationships, develop leadership skills, overcome social barriers and foster recognition that they have the capacity to improve their own communities
- Provide opportunities for children with special needs to participate in Day Camp activities
- Participate in the planning and implementing of a community carnival, and other special events
- High School diploma
- Previous camp experience in a leadership capacity is required
- Demonstrated love for the outdoors and desire to share this passion with those around you
- Dynamic and enthusiastic – a multitasker with a strong knowledge of children and youth development
- Experience working in under resourced areas and a multicultural multi-faith setting
- Exceptional leadership and ability to motivate the staff team, as well as children and youth
- You must be a keen team builder, flexible, resilient, with a teachable spirit
- Able to work at a potential overnight camp
- Strong Technical skills (ie. video/music editing, animation and coding)
- Creative thinking and skill to help develop and plan tech projects for children
- Patient, positive, hardworking, reliable with recreational & artistic skills
Deadline for Applications: Friday May 12, 2023
Start Date: Monday June 12, 2023
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Date Posted: Friday April 28, 2023
To apply for this job please visit ysm.bamboohr.com.