Website Yonge Street Mission
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto. Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community, as well as flexible hybrid work arrangements. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
YSM is seeking a full time Supervisor of Evergreen Care Management Services. The supervisor will coordinate our HOPE Program (Helping Offenders on Probation Excel), while also carrying a small caseload. This person will ensure the Street Involved Services Care Management team follows YSM’s best practice in delivering wrap-around care in order to help youth achieve their goals and break the cycle of recidivism and poverty. The supervisor will report to the YSM Director of Street Involved Services.
- Supervise a diverse team of Care Management Specialists
- Ensure YSM protocols and policies are being followed including documentation and outcome measurement (TIMES) recording
- Coordinate and supervise HOPE program activities
- Aid in the expansion and implementation of Care Management across Evergreen Services
- Manage referrals and intakes through our continuum of care model
- Facilitate collaborative case conferences
- Maintain a safe space for diverse participants, including racialized and LGBTQ2+ community, and people living with mental illness and varying abilities; Build meaningful relationships through outreach with youth
- Accompany youth to court dates, detention centre visits, family interventions, housing meetings and other appointments as required
- Participate in Evergreen-wide team meetings and initiatives; being present at the Drop-In as needed
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with youth who have been involved in the criminal justice system or are street-involved
- Supervisory or program leadership experience; entrepreneurial spirit; experience adapting programs to changing demands
- Strong communication skills: able to teach and deliver content in non-traditional settings
- Comfort working with culturally diverse people groups within a multi-faith, multicultural, anti-oppressive framework;excellent interpersonal skills; ability to engage with a wide variety of personality types
- Demonstrated computer, administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to manage crisis situations with strong conflict resolution skills; CPI is an asset
- Five years work experience and post-secondary education. Preference given for those with Social Work or Criminal Justice background. BSW or MSW is preferred.
- A Police Check will be required/First Aid training and
- Demonstrated personal commitment to YSM’s principles of faith, mission and values
Deadline for Application: February 13, 2023
Start Date: March 6, 2023
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: January 13, 2023
To apply for this job please visit ysm.bamboohr.com.