Website Yonge Street Mission
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto. Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community, as well as flexible hybrid work arrangements. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
We are seeking an Employer Engagement Supervisor who is passionate, called to oversee and can provide direction to the Employer Engagement strategy, ensuring that high quality job opportunities are created for YSM program participants. The Employer Engagement Supervisor will provide leadership to the Employer Engagement team, as well as coordinate the effective delivery of all aspects of planning, development, delivery, and evaluation of employer engagement services. This position reports to the Workforce Development Director.
- Ensure that high quality job opportunities with career potential are created for YSM participants
- Network and steward long term relationships with employers, unions and professional associations, to facilitate workforce development needs
- Develop and oversee operational procedures that effectively connect program participants with jobs
- Research and document labour market trends to facilitate the identification of good employers and decent work for participants
- Coordinate efforts of the Workforce Development team and employers in designing training approaches that stimulate engagement on the part of participants, while also meeting labour market needs
- Deliver Job Matching/Placement/Incentive (JMPI) services for the grant funded programs
- Ensure accurate and timely employer related program records, as well as maintain statistics and reports. This includes regular reporting on KPIs, data analysis for programs, and outcome evaluation
- Provide leadership to the Employer Engagement team, including: spiritual care, coaching, staff development and performance management
- Related post-secondary education with 3-5 years experience in employer engagement, a sales/customer facing role or equivalent
- Experience in business development, partnership development, and/or community facilitation
- Demonstrated experience in working with marginalized communities ideally in the non-profit sector
- Proven leadership skills; including the ability to be innovative and effectively organize, process, and communicate information in a changing work environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills with proven ability to interact appropriately with various stakeholders; including business leaders, community members and donors
- Ability to complete assigned tasks within specified high standards and in a determined timeframe
- Strong technical writing skills in drafting agreements and contracts
- Knowledge of workforce development sector and understanding of the factors and challenges contributing to poverty in Toronto
- Experience in managing a team and the ability to motivate and lead others to accomplish goals
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify problems and achieve solutions
- Computer literacy with a strong knowledge of Google applications and case management software; Salesforce and CAMS experience an asset
- A vulnerable sector police check will be required
The successful applicant will express a clear personal commitment to YSM principles of faith, mission, and values. This is a full-time (37.5 hrs/week) position.
Deadline for Application: March 24, 2023
Start Date: ASAP
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: February 3, 2023
To apply for this job please visit ysm.bamboohr.com.