Website Yonge Street Mission
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto. Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
We are seeking a Philanthropy Coordinator, who supports our dynamic and talented Major Gifts team. You will get to contribute to the planning and implementation of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities to maximize individual, corporate and foundation donor support through various channels, integral to building a robust pipeline of prospects and donors
Activities will include:
- Donor communications and inquiries
- Development of cases for support, proposals, reports and associated materials
- Prospect research activities
- Gift administration and database management
- Administration of projects
- Philanthropy-wide initiatives
Through exceptional attention to detail, a dedication to powerful communications and competent management of multiple priorities, the Philanthropy Coordinator is committed to the ongoing work of YSM.
As a key member of YSM’s Major Gifts team, the Philanthropy Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Major Gifts team – VP, Philanthropy; Director, Philanthropic Partnerships; Grant Writer; President and CEO. The successful candidate will develop a keen knowledge of all YSM programs and impacts, and build strong internal relationships within YSM.
- Support the Major Giving team members to successfully cultivate, solicit and steward donors and prospects to meet the fundraising goals
- Ensure smooth day-to-day implementation of stewardship initiatives through close collaboration and coordination with others in the Philanthropy department, as well as colleagues across the organization
- Assist in preparing and distributing proposals, reports and presentation materials using various software tools including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Raiser’s Edge, Canva, Pyrus, Wrike and Salesforce
- Prepare professional, timely correspondence, gift agreements and acknowledgements, thank you letters, Welcome Packs, reports, pledge reminders, invitations, newsletters and other communications
- Regularly update and maintain donor records and prospect lists in our database, Raiser’s Edge (RE), and prepare weekly pipeline and activity reports
- Support donor and prospect research activities and clearance processes
- Collate and extract donor record information from RE upon request
- Collaborate on Special Purpose fundraising projects, ensuring regular communications with project teams, timely collection of statistical data and needed information for reports and financial accountability
- Support the administration of planned giving (estate and stock) gifts and associated documents
- Manage the Application Bank and Library of Resources for the Major Gifts team
- Ensure annual (or as needed) updating of Major Donor materials
- Steward a small portfolio of major donors (up to 50)
- Organize and coordinate activities such as meetings, tours, webinars, lunches and other events pertaining to major donors, and their associated stewardship plans
- Ensure organizational understanding of the functions and roles of the Philanthropy department by annually being a guest at other departments’ team meetings
- Post-secondary education in a related field – college minimum, university preferred – or a combination of comparable skills and experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a fundraising environment
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computer applications – Microsoft Office, Excel; PowerPoint, email and internet applications
- Previous experience working with databases (particularly Raiser’s Edge) is an asset
- Proficiency in working with Canva is also an asset
- Superior interpersonal skills and very strong person-to-person relationship-building skills
- Exemplary attention to detail with excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands
- Proven ability to exercise diplomacy, sound judgment, and superior customer service
- Ability to work as part of a fundraising team, as well as work independently using an above average level of initiative
- Exercises tact and diplomacy, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- An excellent listener, resilient and adaptable, ready to roll up sleeves
- Demonstrated personal commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of YSM
- Willingness to work flexible hours on occasion, including some evenings and weekends
Deadline for Application: May 19, 2023
Start Date: ASAP
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: May 2, 2023
To apply for this job please visit ysm.bamboohr.com.