Website Yonge Street Mission
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto. Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
We are seeking a Workforce Development Training Supervisor who is passionate and called to provide leadership, while coordinating and enhancing employment skills training for participants. The Workforce Development Training Supervisor will provide leadership to the Workforce Development Training team and will coordinate the effective delivery of all aspects of planning, development, implementation and evaluation of employment skills training. This position reports to the Workforce Development Director.
- Oversee the design and execution of pre-employment and core employability training programs that are customized to priority population needs
- Research labour market trends, pre-employment and employability skills, training best practices and design training, which is aligned with market needs and participant demographics
- Engage with Workforce Development colleagues to evaluate and revise training curriculum
- Improve collaborative workflow processes with all relevant YSM departments
- Develop partnerships with organizations and training institutions to deliver relevant skills training for participants
- Supervise specific training initiatives, ensuring thorough knowledge of program requirements, including government guidelines
- Create budgets for specific training initiatives; monitor and report on expenditures
- Ensure accurate tracking of all relevant indicators and reporting in accordance with internal, as well as funder/donor requirements
- Lead program reviews, evaluations and yearly operational plans for training initiatives
- Provide leadership to the Workforce Development Training team, including: spiritual care, coaching, staff development and performance management
- Post-secondary education with 2-3 years experience in employment skills training, adult training/education, career counseling or related area
- Experience in curriculum development, training delivery and/or community facilitation
- Demonstrated experience in working with marginalized communities ideally in the non-profit sector
- Proven leadership skills; including the ability to be innovative and effectively organize, process, and communicate information in a changing work environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Highly analytical with the ability to analyze and interpret large amounts of data
- Ability to complete assigned tasks within specified high standards and in a determined timeframe
- Strong technical writing skills in drafting agreements and contracts
- Knowledge of workforce development sector and understanding of the factors and challenges contributing to poverty in Toronto
- Experience in managing a team and the ability to motivate and lead others to accomplish goals
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify problems and achieve solutions
- Computer literacy, with a strong knowledge of Google applications and case management software; Salesforce experience is an asset.
- A vulnerable sector police check will be required
The successful applicant will express a clear personal commitment to YSM principles of faith, mission, and values. This is a full-time (37.5 hrs/week) position.
Deadline for Application: June 16, 2023
Start Date: ASAP
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: May 10, 2023
To apply for this job please visit ysm.bamboohr.com.