We have a unique opportunity for someone looking for a ministry position with the passion to be
a Christian missionary and mentor in a local community. Since Young Life began in Canada in
1954, its staff and volunteers have cared enough to leave the comfort of their adult worlds and
enter the arena of high school and middle school life. These trained Young Life leaders are
committed to friendships with kids – no strings attached. They go where teenagers are and
spend time in their world playing road hockey, going to the mall, watching a play or band
concert, hiking or skiing. Young Life leaders build bridges of friendship in order to “earn the right
to be heard.” We are all about communicating God’s love and the Christian message to kids in
terms they can understand. Young Life values and respects all young people, and welcomes all
teenagers regardless of race or religious beliefs.
● Geography/Area: Lloydminster, Alberta
● Proposed Start Date: Position Available Immediately.
● Hours: Part-Time or Full-Time (10, 20, 30 or 40 hours)
● Salary: $18 – $21 per hour, pending experience
● Ministry Type: Junior High or High School Students
You would be responsible to recruit, train and lead a team of volunteer leaders, and build an
effective new Young Life ministry centered around a school or neighborhood supported by a
local committee and supervisor. You will be active in all levels of contact work and invest in key
groups of kids. You will build a thriving club, take kids to camp, and form a campaigner group
(student discipleship team). You will build relationships with teenagers, presenting the gospel of
Jesus incarnationally, and discipling students who desire to follow Christ. Teenagers will hear
the gospel in terms they can understand from someone who cares for them personally.
• Dynamic Christian faith and a passion to share Jesus with others
• Experience leading a youth ministry
• Ease in creating friendships with an ability to talk with teenagers
• Personal and spiritual maturity
• Professionalism in organizational skills and integrity with finances
• Growing ability to manage a team of volunteers and delegate
• Capacity to develop relationships between Young Life and local churches & parachurch
• Post Secondary Education in Christian Ministry or related fields (education, social
services) is helpful
How To Apply: Apply with Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.