Website Youth fir Christ Canada
We see the hope and potential in every young person.
Do you have a passion for accounting and administration?! Would you like to use your gifts to serve with the ministry of Youth for Christ Canada? We’re currently hiring for an Accounting Specialist! The Accounting Specialist (Intermediate Accountant) assists the Accounting Manager with accounting duties and projects as they arise for Youth for Christ Canada and other entities within YFC Canada’s Group of Charities. This role works together with the National Administration Team in support of the National Ministry Team and Chapters across Canada.
This position will be supervised by the Accounting Manager and is 32 hours per week.
SPIRITUAL AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Is a faithful and contributing member of a local church.
- Pray for and with the YFC Canada Team.
- Spend time in spiritual reflection and development.
- Take a bi-annual spiritual retreat at Honeymoon Bay Retreat Centre.
- Completion of the YFC Canada Credentialing process within 2 years of your start date.
- Attend YFC Regional and National conferences as requested by your supervisor.
- Develops plans for personal development and technical training as needed on accounting systems, accounting & financial reporting standards, and various areas of regulatory compliance.
ACCOUNTING OPERATIONS & FINANCIAL REPORTING
- Accounting Operations: Various accounting responsibilities, supporting the Accounting Manager, including:
- Accounts Receivable – processing monthly chapter fee invoices, benefits admin billing and collection of payments;
- Accounts Payable – assist or provide back-up for processing vendor invoices and staff expense reimbursements, and weekly payment batches, as needed;
- Other General Accounting including various journal entries, monthly and annual general ledger reconciliation processes, along with other accounting duties to support charities within the Youth for Christ Canada Group of Charities.
- Revenue Processing: Provide assistance as needed to post various revenues in the accounting system, such as sponsorships, registration fees and administration fees.
- Payroll: Assists the Accounting Manager as needed to ensure the accurate and timely processing of payroll transactions, serving as back-up to cover vacations.
- Event Support: Collaborate and work with other YFC Canada departments and event coordinators to support accounting processes as assigned.
- International: Support the Accounting Manager in coordinating and preparing international fund transfers of donations, associated with international agency agreements and maintain a detailed filing system.
- Financial & Management Reporting: Assist the Accounting Manager with monthly financial statements and account activity reports, including report distribution to staff and department managers. Assist the Director of Finance and Accounting Manager on regulatory and compliance reporting requirements for auditors and other stakeholders.
- General Inquiries: Provides support to the Accounting Manager and Director of Finance in responding to accounting and reporting inquiries.
- Audit: Participate in the annual audit process, providing support to the Accounting Manager and Director of Finance on gathering records and other support needed for audit requests.
- Training: Assists the Accounting Manager and Director of Finance, providing training to new and existing staff as needed regarding accounting processes and procedures, as directed by the Accounting Manager.
- Backup relief to other Administration staff who are on vacation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Build a base of prayer partners and keep them updated through regular communications and prayer requests.
Encourage prayer partners to pray for youth in Canada and globally. Encourage your connections to consider supporting the ministry of YFC Canada.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate possesses exceptional organizational and accounting skills and knowledge, strengthened through hands-on experience in general accounting operations, including accounts payable and receivable and payroll; and exhibits a passion for seeing Canada’s youth become lifelong followers of Jesus.
The successful candidate will exhibit:
- A vibrant, mission-minded faith
- Accounting experience, knowledge and skills, gained over 4-5 years in accounting roles, Including experience with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks, Sage, etc.)
- Payroll experience would be an asset
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Customer service focus
- Innovative, problem-solving skills
- The ability to work from the YFC Canada office in Langley BC would be an asset
To apply for this job please visit yfccanada.applytojobs.ca.