Website Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec
About Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec
Based in Etobicoke, Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec (CBOQ) equips churches and their leaders as they engage in their mission from God in their community. Comprised of over 300 churches, CBOQ is training, equipping and caring for pastors. We recognize that mission is not just evangelism, but also includes promoting justice, social welfare, healing, education and peace in the world. It is a holistic approach that expresses care for both the needs of the human soul and the social needs that affect all of life. We are helping to plant fresh expressions of faith, strengthening existing churches and connecting them with the tools and opportunities they need to thrive. We are serving the next generation by creating resources and experiences for young people and their leaders to expand their love of God and love of each other. We’re telling our churches’ stories to encourage and inspire them, building up our whole family through the good news of what Christ is accomplishing through us. We love and care for our churches and leaders. We love and care for our employees. We are warm and welcoming; we take the time to listen and genuinely understand; we have empathy during tough times, and we make a positive difference in one another’s lives daily. We develop a servant spirit as a significant part of who we are in Christ.
The Administrative Assistant – Youth Ministry is focused on the successful administrative support of the Next Generation ministry office (specifically CBOQ Youth). The incumbent will provide support to the Youth Ministries Associate (YMA) and Next Generation department, while managing the administrative aspects of all CBOQ Youth events and ministries. Reporting to the YMA, the incumbent will provide support to the day-to-day ministry, work and sponsored events of CBOQ Youth. This is a part-time contract position from December 16, 2022 to June 30, 2023 requiring an average of twenty-five (25) hours per week (weekly hours will range from 10 to 40 depending on the time of year).
- Provides administrative support to CBOQ Youth events, (e.g. Avalanche, Blizzard, Dominican Republic- Compassion experience etc.) includes:
- Arranging facilities, transportation and other rentals
Acting as registrar,
- Create and regularly update registration spreadsheets
- Manage event registration through Wufoo (online), mail, email and phone
- Initiate communication with potential participants for events
- Follow-up with participants (groups and individuals) through their reservation, registration and confirmation for events via email and phone
- Produce the welcome packages for participants
- Managing finances,
- ensure that reservation and registration fees have been received,
- acquire petty cash for each event,
- reconcile income post-event
- Reimburse volunteers for incidental purchases
- Obtain and deliver payments for speakers, worship bands, other contributors
- Work with Administrative and Guest Relations volunteer teams to ensure smooth arrival and registration of groups onsite at events
- Screen volunteer personnel by tracking requirements (criminal reference check, annual interview, personal information form, and AODA training)
- Deliver (via print or digital) required resources for each event (waivers, confirmations, rules, etc)
- Book technological resources for retreats (laptops, projectors, etc.)
- Organize required resources (printed materials, technology, giveaways, team jerseys, teardrop flags, etc.)
- Provides administrative service to the various event teams of CBOQ Youth (including but not limited to), such as arranging meetings, booking facilities, ordering meals and taking minutes for event planning teams.
- Assists in the brokering of information and opportunities in youth ministry, including all communication tools (email, web, newsletters, phone, etc.)
- Next Steps survey distribution and follow-up with CBOQ youth pastors
- Promote events and resources as applicable via social media, email, mail etc.
- CBOQ Youth website maintenance
- Posting assigned materials to CBOQ Youth social media channels
- Serve as Next Generation rep at CBOQ administrative team meetings and may serve as an ambassador or representative of CBOQ at the discretion of the YMA or Director of Next Generation Ministries.
- Provide back up support to the CBOQ administrative team, as assigned by YMA.
- Provides administrative support to the YMA including
- Preparation of correspondence
- Mass mailings
- Appointment scheduling
- Email contacts as directed
- Monthly expense reports for credit cards
- Travel expense reports (as required)
- Assemble a volunteer team for the annual mailing (4-6 people)
- Mail Christmas care package to Scholarship recipients
- Work with other staff in a cooperative effort to complete tasks of common concern to the whole office.
- Provide support at Assembly (4 days each June)
- Other duties as assigned by the Youth Ministries Associate.
- Organize the Youth cupboard at the office
- Transfer supplies to and from the storage unit (as required)
- Research sources for assigned items
- PDF twitter articles from the @CBOQYouth account for public access (monthly)
- Attend all assigned CBOQ Youth events to provide onsite support to the YMA and volunteer teams
- Assist in editing of resources
- Arranging facilities, transportation and other rentals
- A mature faith in Jesus Christ which is reflected in attitudes, action and lifestyle.
- Spiritual giftedness in administration.
- The ability to implement processes and policies.
- Strong organizational, decision-making, problem-solving and communication (interpersonal as well as the ability to speak to groups) skills required.
- Management skills are required to supervise unpaid staff, as well as the ability to work well on a team (as leader, or as a team member)
- A passion for youth ministry and young people is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in social media strategy.
- Stamina, energy and enthusiasm to sustain a fast paced ministry schedule and to juggle the multiple events, schedules and budgets of CBOQ Youth ministries.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint), video editing software, social media scheduling and website management.
Qualified candidates may apply by December 31, 2022 to Alvin Lau, Youth Ministries Associate, through this link.
All candidates whose training, experience and aptitudes meet the requirements for the job will be considered, subject to acceptance of the CBOQ code of conduct policy. CBOQ welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job please visit baptist.ca.