The following is information regarding our policy for reopening the Sherk building and Library this fall to both in-person and online learning. We can confirm that almost all of our courses will be offered via on-campus, in-person instruction (with live online/live-streaming capability). We strongly encourage all students to register for their courses as soon as possible so that we can plan the most optimal schedule to suit the needs of our EBC community.
The following policies are similar in expectation and requirement to all local colleges and universities, and we want to remain consistent in the expectations of local public health guidelines. Several of our students, staff and faculty have health concerns, or live with family who have significant health concerns, so we will do our utmost as a college to protect the health of those in our community.
The following policy will be in place at Emmanuel Bible College for the 2021-2022 academic year:
- All students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to come on campus.
- Full vaccination is required for all students living in the Emmanuel residence.
- We expect all students, faculty and staff to have had their first vaccination prior to September 7 and the second shot no later than October 7.
- Full vaccination is strongly recommended for all on-campus visitors.
- Anyone who needs a medical exemption from the vaccine requirement will need to contact the Admissions office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Anyone who is not fully vaccinated is expected to undergo COVID-19 testing at least once per week from a rapid testing site (we will provide a list of nearby sites). The attestation form will include agreement to this requirement. Only those who receive negative test results are permitted to come to campus. Anyone who receives a positive test result must inform Emmanuel immediately, and may not return to campus until they have provided written proof of negative results.
- We will require a one-time attestation form to be completed declaring vaccination status from each on-campus EBC member (students, faculty, staff, volunteers). These attestation forms will remain confidential, with information only being shared with college administration as needed.
MASKS AND PHYSICAL DISTANCING
- Masks will be required in the Sherk building and the library.
- Classrooms will be set up with adequate spacing between instructors and students so that a mask does not need to be worn by instructors while teaching, at their discretion. Appropriate physical distancing will also be in place for student seating, as much as possible.
- Physical distancing is strongly recommended in all classrooms, offices and common spaces.
SIGNING IN and CONTACT TRACING
- A new sign-in system with QR code will be in place and easily accessible with instructions clearly posted at the front door of the Sherk building.
- All visitors to campus, including students, faculty and staff, will need to sign in either via QR code or paper copy at the door and include a contact method (phone or email).
- Information required on the new sign-in system will include: name, phone number, email, answers to all the applicable Region of Waterloo Public Health COVID-19 questions, and attestations that the individual assumes all risk upon entry into the building.
We are trusting that anyone coming to campus will complete the attestations and follow these protocols with integrity and honesty, in a manner that honours the Lord Jesus and respects our community. These policies and protocols will be reviewed regularly and are subject to change as guidance is received from government health officials. If anyone has questions about the policy or protocols, please contact the College at 519-894-8900, or email us at: email@example.com.