The following is information regarding our policy for responding to Covid-19 as we seek to keep the Sherk building and Library open to both in-person and online learning options this Winter. With limited exceptions, Emmanuel will be offering all Winter courses via on-campus, in-person instruction with Live Online or live-streaming capability.
The following policies are similar in expectation and requirement to the policies posted for the Fall 2021 semester, with a few specific updates. We want to continue to remain consistent in the expectations of local public health guidelines. Several of our students, staff and faculty have health concerns or live with family who have significant health concerns. We will do our utmost as a College to protect the health and safety of those in our community.
The following policy will be in place at Emmanuel Bible College for the 2021-2022 academic year:
- All students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to come on campus.
- Full vaccination is required for all students living in the Emmanuel residence.
- Update - We expect all students, faculty and staff to receiver a Covid-19 vaccine booster (third dose) as soon as possible.
- Full vaccination is strongly recommended for all on-campus visitors.
- Anyone who needs a medical exemption from the vaccine requirement will need to contact the Admissions office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Update - Anyone who is not fully vaccinated is expected to undergo COVID-19 testing at least twice per week. Rapid testing kits are available from the Admissions Office. Only those who receive negative test results are permitted to come to campus. Anyone who receives a positive result must inform the Admissions Office immediately, and may not return to campus until they have provided written proof of negative results.
- We will require a one-time attestation form to be completed declaring vaccination status from each on-campus EBC member (students, faculty, staff, volunteers). These attestation forms will remain confidential, with information only being shared with college administration as needed.
MASKS AND PHYSICAL DISTANCING
- Masks will be required in the Sherk building and the library.
- Students must wear a mask during in person classes and at all times while in the Sherk building and the Library.
- Classrooms will be set up with adequate spacing between instructors and students so that a mask does not need to be worn by instructors while teaching, at their discretion. Appropriate physical distancing will also be in place for student seating, as much as possible.
- Physical distancing is strongly recommended in all classrooms, offices and common spaces.
SIGNING IN and CONTACT TRACING
- Everyone coming to campus, including students, faculty, staff, and visitors will need to sign in and complete the health questionnaire either via QR code to an online form or paper copy at the door, and include a contact method (phone or email).
- Information required on the new sign-in system will include: name, phone number, email, answers to all the applicable Region of Waterloo Public Health COVID-19 questions, and attestations that the individual assumes all risk upon entry into the building.
We are trusting that anyone coming to campus will complete the attestations and follow these protocols with integrity and honesty, in a manner that honours the Lord Jesus and respects our community. These policies and protocols will be reviewed regularly and are subject to change as guidance is received from government health officials. If anyone has questions about the policy or protocols, please contact the College at 519-894-8900, or email us at: email@example.com.