Website Kortright Presbyterian Church
Permanent part-time (20 hours/week)
Start date: mid-December 2022 or early January 2023
Kortright Presbyterian Church (KPC), a mid-sized, diverse church in Guelph, ON, is seeking a proactive, efficient church custodian who respects others’ religious and cultural beliefs.
You would provide church members, visitors, renters, and staff with a clean, orderly place to worship, gather, and work.
The custodian liaises with the office administrator and Maintenance Committee reports to the staff supervisor (lead pastor).
Church Custodian Responsibilities:
- Keep facilities welcoming by following the cleaning schedule and spot cleaning daily in all public areas, including the sanctuary, bathrooms, corridors, kitchen, gym, and meeting rooms and some offices.
- Follow proper chemical handling procedures when working with cleaning agents, including wearing gloves, goggles, or masks and following written or verbal instructions.
- Perform maintenance, such as changing light bulbs and restocking bathrooms, and making repairs.
- Ensure facilities are fully set up for meetings and other activities according to instructions.
- Take inventory of cleaners and other supplies and submit requests when items need to be replenished.
- Pick debris and garbage around the property, take out garbage and recycling and ensure all properties are clean and presentable.
- Interact with church staff, volunteers, renters, and visitors in a respectful, positive manner.
Church Custodian Requirements:
- Grade 10 (Grade 12 preferred).
- Previous custodial and maintenance experience is an asset.
- Knowledgeable about handling chemicals properly, safety procedures, and cleaning techniques and have the ability to make basic repairs.
- Punctuality and reliability is a must, with personal maturity and a willingness to serve.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and pass a police background check.
- Fluent in English language – ability to speak, read and comprehend.
- Strong communication, comprehension.
- Ability to work independently or with others and flexible to change tasks when required.
0-3 month rate–$18:75 per hour; job rate–$19 per hour
Applying for the position: To apply for the position, please send your resume and a letter saying why you want to work for a church, along with the names and contact information of two references to firstname.lastname@example.org or HR Convenor, Kortright Presbyterian Church, 55 Devere Drive, Guelph, N1G 2T3. No phone calls. Applications close December 2, 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.