Website Morriston Park Nursing Home
Looking for both full time and part time position
· Reports to the Food Services Manager and/or Administrator and is responsible for ensuring that proper meals are prepared and served on time and that work areas are maintained in a safe and sanitary condition;
· Assists in the purchasing and receiving of food and other supplies
· Ensure that established policies, procedures and work assignments are followed
· Ensure that meals are prepared according to standardized menu, in adequate portions, and at the proper temperature.
· Assist in developing and standardizing recipes.
· Assist in cooking and preparing meals.
· Wash and sanitize pots, pans, and dirty dishes. Set up tables for meal service.
· Ensure that cleaning schedules, sanitary and safety procedures are carried out; report all equipment failures and breakdowns promptly
· Assist in the purchasing, receiving, and storage of foods and other supplies and maintain food records as required
· Check special diet orders and serve residents accordingly.
· Take inventory of food and supplies as may be required and/or requested
· Prepare nourishments and carts for service
· Attend in-service education sessions, staff meetings, workshops etc.
· Observe all fire and safety rules and be on alert for the safety of the residents, staff and public.
· Works in a safe manner which abides by Occupational Health and Safety policies.
· Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)/Risk Management Programs. Complete and submit CQI audits and other reports according to developed policies.
· Perform other related duties as required.
· Professional and accurate record keeping / documentation
· Infection control awareness of policies, procedures and legislation
· Interacts with other members of the multidisciplinary team appropriately
· Meet employment requirements such as professionalism, personal development, attendance and promoting a healthy work environment/culture
As well, this position requires that you are on call for any emergency situations therefore you are required to maintain flexibility in days and hours, to assist when needed.
starting pay at $22.44 hourly (40-84hour biweekly)
FT position: 80-84 hour biweekly (8-12 hour shifts)
PT position: TBD (8-12 hour shifts)
Additional hourly incentive for overtime and last minute shifts.
Benefits available after probationary period for full time position.
·Knowledge of basic food preparation and handling principles obtained through the enrolment or completion of a Food Service Worker training program at an established college as listed in the Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology Act, 2002 or a registered private career college in Ontario
· Current Food Handlers Safety Awareness certification offered through public health agencies
· Must maintain up to date certification 0f the Food Handlers Safety Awareness certification
· Ability to lift heavy objects up to 50lbs, stand for long periods of time; walk and climb stairs frequently throughout the day; Crouch, kneel, stoop/bend for short periods of time; ability to tolerate heat in the kitchen area
· Previous professional experience in a health care setting an asset
· Knowledge of sanitation, hygiene, food production, safety, and understanding of therapeutic diets
· Reliable and able to work with others in a team atmosphere
· Time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask
· Must be able to work and communicate effectively with residents, team members, and visitors of LTC homes
· Good written and verbal communication
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.