Website Waterloo Mennonite Brethren Church
Do you long to see God’s people worship in deep and authentic ways?
Join a staff team of ministry leaders who empower the congregation in many expressions of Christ’s mission in our neighbourhoods, city, and world.
WMB Church is a Christian community that is passionate about making a difference in Kitchener-Waterloo and beyond. We are a multi-ethnic, economically diverse, multi-site church engaging in services and programs each week. WMB’s mission is to make more and better disciples—calling people to a deeper relationship with Jesus. We delight in seeing people of all ages surrender their lives to Jesus and share their stories during our monthly baptism celebrations.
The ideal Director, Worship & Arts Ministry:
We are looking for a ministry-minded leader who has a rich and vibrant worship experience personally, and who can lead others in a variety of expressions of Christ-centred worship. They must have a passion and proven ability to lead, equip and shepherd lay leaders in the area of worship and prayer ministry. The successful candidate will be a highly organized, relational visionary leader who thrives on building and leading a team of lay leaders and volunteers.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
1. Give overall leadership to Worship & Arts Ministry in order to ensure that all WMB worship experiences align with the vision, mission and strategic objectives of WMB church.
2. Using the resources and direction provided by the Co-Lead Pastors and Preaching Planning Team, create and distribute a weekly service order, ensuring a service flow that supports the big idea.
3. Oversee all lay Worship Leaders for Sunday services, through regular leading/participation
4. Ensure that worship on Sunday mornings can be engaged by all who attend, including both the churched and the unchurched.
5. Lead or oversee weekly rehearsals for worship teams to ensure a quality experience on Sunday mornings
6. Work closely with and co-ordinate with the Tech Director to ensure teams are staffed, trained, and prepared for a quality experience on Sunday mornings.
7. Disciple, mentor and encourage all worship/arts team leaders in their personal discipleship and in becoming a joyful and contemplative worshiper of God.
8. Recruit, equip and develop a group of volunteers who represent various ages to use their spiritual gifts, strengths, and talents to serve in various worship/arts roles
9. Co-ordinate with other staff to create Christmas Eve and Easter Weekend services that will provide a similar experience in both locations
· Possesses a humble, Christ-like character who ministers out of the overflow of their own rich and growing relationship with Jesus.
· Approaches worship leading thoughtfully and prayerfully, seeking all expressions to be Christ-centred and biblically accurate.
· Proven ability to develop and lead a team, prioritize competing demands, and stay on top of communications and tasks to support your team and ministry participants.
· Vision for the future with a sensitivity to our rich heritage.
· Experience in developing systems to support volunteer leadership and engagement in ministry.
· Must have a deep, growing personal faith in Jesus Christ and affirm the Confession of Faith of the Canadian MB Conference.
· Willing to become a Member of WMB Church including making WMB Church their church home.
· Preference given to those with musical training and theological training
· Proven track record of effective leadership, judgement and decision making
· Display strong moral character, honesty, humility and integrity
· Qualified to work in Canada and willing to relocate to Kitchener-Waterloo if needed
· Part-time (20-22 hours) with salary based on experience
· Some flexibility in work hours, but will be required to work Sunday mornings and some evenings
· Comprehensive benefits plan including pension, extended health and dental
· Opportunity to apply to the CRA for Clergy Residence Deduction.
Please submit your cover letter and resume
Attention: Human Resources
245 Lexington Rd. Waterloo, ON N2K 2E1
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Posting will remain open until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.