Website Willow Park Church
JOB STATUS: Part-Time 20 hours per week
REPORTS TO: Creekside (Lake Country) Pastor / Executive Pastor
Willow Park Church (WPC) is a multi-location, life-giving, multi-generational, Christian church in Kelowna, BC. Our vision is to see “lives transformed by Jesus in the Okanagan Valley.”
WPC is looking for an experienced, pastorally gifted Next Generation Director for our growing Lake Country Location – “Creekside”.
The role will provide enthsusiatic spiritual, pastoral, and administrative leadership in all aspects of Next Generation Ministries (birth through grade 12). Alongside the Campus Pastor, he or she will prayerfully shepherd the children, teens, families, and volunteers involved in all aspects of this vital ministry.
We are Looking for someone who will:
– Participate in the location’s overall leadership, ensuring all Next Gen ministry experiences are implemented with excellence and integrity.
– Be a highly engaged and visible leader, executing the church’s vision with a special focus on developing our children’s and youth ministry.
– Identify opportunities to regularly connect the Next Gen ministry into every aspect of the local campus
– Connect with the new families and ensure that their children and youth integrate quickly into the life of the
– Plan and implement exciting opportunities for Next Gen outreach and community service both on Sundays
– Really enjoy teaching, and coming up with creative ways to increase (and train) our volunteer base within
– Interact with a wide range of people of all ages – committed to encouraging and nurturing a culture of
– Enjoy speaking in front of groups and the church when needed.
Someone who will also be:
– Passionate about Jesus, outreach, prayer and living a Spirit-filled life.
– Highly motivated to succeed with a “whatever it takes” work ethic
– Effective organisational, communication & multi-tasking skills – reliability and excellent time-keeping are
– A fast learner, energetic & ambitious to see WPC’s vision fulfilled
JOB TITLE: Next Generation Director
– Detail-oriented with a passion for excellence
– Personable, professional, responsible, mature & discreet
– Ability to work with a team to manage a budget and plan accordingly
– Ability to consistently follow through and follow verbal and written directives
– Willing to become a member of WPC and attend the Lake Country campus.
– Provide an enjoyable, supported and well resourced environment to work in.
– Surround you with enthusiastic champions to encourage you.
– Encourage you to use your other areas of gifting (worship, speaking, leading etc.)
– Provide excellent opportunities for you to grow through mentorship and ministry development.
– Pay you a competitive salary, cell phone allowance and professional/ministry development opportunities
– Encourage you to live a balanced ministry life – we value rest, having fun and vacations!
– A love and passion for children/youth ministry.
– Preferred education: completion of a college-level course at a recognized bible college
– Minimum of 5 years experience in the children/youth-related field, preferably ministry work, including but
not limited to: leadership, children/youth worker, small group leadership, and organizing a ministry.
– Demonstrated ability to recruit, supervise, train, organize, and lead volunteers.
– Experience in organizing and managing events.
– Effective communication skills (oral and written).
– Possess strong interpersonal relational skills and positive conflict resolution abilities.
– Valid driver’s license. Class 2 license is an asset.
– Initiative to work both independently and with a team with minimal supervision.
– Endorse and support the leadership and vision of Willow Park Church.
– Must provide a Criminal Reference Check.
– Worship team experience would be an asset to encourage kids’ and families’ worship involvement.
– Preaching experience (or a willingness to be mentored in this area).
Closing Date: February 20, 2023
Start Date: March 6, 2023
Church website: willowparkchurch.com
Please email a resume and cover letter to Glen Madden (Executive Pastor) – firstname.lastname@example.org and to Jeremy Crowe (Creekside Pastor) – email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.