Website Yonge Street Mission
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading a collective movement – going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving.
Since 1896, YSM has provided wraparound support and services, making it possible for individuals, families, and communities to move forward. We believe if we combine our collective resources and wisdom, together we can reach our goal of ending chronic poverty in a generation. If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true calling to contribute to our work, then this is where you belong.
We are seeking a dynamic, creative and personable part-time Assistant Pastor to support the pastoral team of Church at the Mission, Yonge Street Mission. This is a part-time (18.75 hrs) position that involves working on Sundays and Monday and another weekday at the mission, as well as time working online.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
● Participating in the public Worship Service on Sundays (Preparing communion, assisting with church set-up and clean-up, coordinating volunteers etc.)
● Pastoral Care as Directed by Lead Pastor
● Overseeing Children and Youth Ministry
● Tracking attendance (in-person and online) for Sunday Service, and mid-week Bible Studies
● Administrative work related to the CATM Tithe, and dealing with Petty Cash
● Filing and pulling sheet music for the band
● Managing CATM Social Media
● Occasional Preaching/Worship Leading if able
● Attending CATM Staff and Elders meetings as required
● Other administrative and ministry duties as required
The successful candidate will have the following skills and training:
● Degree in Pastoral Ministry or in progress
● Relevant experience in Church settings plus Social Services or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
● Experience in administration
● Strong desire and commitment to improving their community
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and Google Docs/Sheets
● Proficiency in Video Editing an asset
● Ability to work cross-culturally, in a manner that respects and promotes diversity
● Organized with the ability to multitask; excellent time management skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Effectively communicate in English. More than 1 language an asset
● A police check will be required / First aid training is an asset
● Demonstrated respect to YSM’s principles of faith, mission, and values
Deadline for Applications: July 29, 2022
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date posted: July 4, 2022
To apply for this job please visit ysm.bamboohr.com.